You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

gdebi gui stuck on desktop

Author (Read 2136 times)

Re: gdebi gui stuck on desktop
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 06:44:18 PM »

jerryc

• New to Forums
  • LL user - Old xubuntu user
    • View Profile
Yes. Rebooting worked. Thanks.

Developers should be aware, nonetheless.
jerryc, not to be confused with the real Jerry who developed this distro.

Re: gdebi gui stuck on desktop
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 05:41:32 PM »

supergamer

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Phenom 565

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: 550 ti
Try rebooting and what it sort of sounds like as I had some issues while fixing things before is an update was also going on at the same time. This is just speculation though. I would reboot, update the system, reboot again the make a folder and copy or move the chrome package into that folder, go to that folder then open up a terminal in that folder and
Code: [Select]
sudo dpkg -i *.deb

gdebi gui stuck on desktop
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 05:08:00 PM »

jerryc

• New to Forums
  • LL user - Old xubuntu user
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm a longtime (15+ years) xubuntu user. My gf had Win7 on her desktop, for which MS is dropping support soon. She's never used Linux, so I decided to switch her over to something simple. I did some research and settled on LL for several reasons, top among them: I'm going to be the one managing it, I like the ubuntu lts, I have a lot of experience with xfce, I like synaptic, and I wanted a simple user interface. LL had them all.

She uses Chrome. After installing LL, I went to the link google gave for it, and clicked download. The option came up to install it with gdebi. I selected it. Then, I couldn't get gdebi to go away, no matter how many times I clicked the top right X or right clicked and selected close. So, I went to the terminal manager, searched for it, found it, and killed it. It was still there. I can minimize it, but it still shows in the panel.

So, I logged out. When I logged back in, it's still there. I checked the task manager, but it's not showing.

I looked for it in the app finder, but it doesn't show on a search.

I opened it up using the terminal. Another instance of it opened and closed easily, but the old one is still there and won't go away.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 06:44:45 PM by jerryc »
jerryc, not to be confused with the real Jerry who developed this distro.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section