You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Firefox menu font size

Author (Read 3732 times)

Re: Firefox menu font size
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 09:38:43 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Generally some of the font size rendering issues with Firefox are often caused by default VC resolution settings. On my systems, which are several, I've noticed that HDMI displays certainly sharpen the font display but also render smaller fonts in general compared to VGA on the same monitor. I would experiment with screen resolution a bit first rather then accepting the default settings if the monitor is VGA. With HDMI you will usually be stuck with only a few usable choices based on the monitor's limitations. If/when you find one that is better you can make it default with a grub entry or editing VC settings from the CLI for the grub menu. There is such a diversity of hardware available now that it is nearly impossible to expect all default VC settings to work satisfactorily as far as Firefox font rendering.

TC   
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Re: Firefox menu font size
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 07:51:43 PM »

d0ugparker

• The DOuGTrainer
  • New to Forums
  • I Provide International K9 Zoom Training
    • View Profile
    • The DOuGTrainer

• Kernel: 5.x
The menu items in FireFox's

File, Edit, View, History, Bookmarks, Tools, and Help

or the menu items is LinuxLite's

Forum Home, Help, Bugs, Search, Profile Bookmarks, My Messages, Members, Download, Donate, Shop, Staff, and Logout?
Providing in-home, contact-free, remote, live video dog training around the world.

Firefox menu font size
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 02:17:45 PM »

LarryB1607

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel I5

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: intel onboard
I would like to make the menu fonts larger.  In Windows I use a userchrome.css setting that does not seem to work at all in LLOS.  Trying something else, I tried the advice given here https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1260063 by jscher2000.  The changes I made to layout.css.devPixelsPerPx do not stick and revert back to the default.  I get no permissions prompts for going into this.  Is there somewhere else I can make tese edits.  Thanks

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section