You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Difficult to Grab Window Edge

Author (Read 4260 times)

Re: Difficult to Grab Window Edge
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2022, 06:36:26 PM »

Swamp Rat

• PayPal Supporter
  • New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: i5

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
Just another suggestion: If you right click the top left of the window (above the File menu item), you will find Resize. It's not the smoothest operation, but it can do what you want. Might take some experimentation to learn to control. I learned to do this when a game window got huge, which I didn't want.

Re: Difficult to Grab Window Edge
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 03:50:31 AM »

oxygenium79

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Many thanks! Works like a charm.

Difficult to Grab Window Edge
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 01:23:30 AM »

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
Hi!
My first post here. :-)
I have huge difficulty grabbing the window's edge with the mouse cursor, when I want to resize it. The margin for this is very narrow. In other distros (or OS) there is no problem with that.
Is there any way to change it?
Thanks!

oxygenium79

Apologies for starting a new thread.  If a thread subject contains some punctuation it cannot be opened properly due to a temporary issue on the forum.

Your difficulty could be related to the desktop theme you are using.  Different themes have different window frame width.  The LL default is Adapta which is quite narrow.

Go to Menu -> Settings - Window Manager

Under the 'style' tab make a note of your current theme, then select others in turn.  This should dynamically alter the desktop so if you have a sample window open on the desktop you can see if the frame width becomes easier to select.   'Default-xhdpi' might be one to try.  If you can't find an installed theme to suit, you can import others.

See Help Manual - Customize - Themes and Icon Sets
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 09:15:57 AM by stevef »
clueless

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section