You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Computer crash mystery

Author (Read 2026 times)

Computer crash mystery
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 03:38:16 PM »

Searchernow

• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
I don't know if there is any connection between these events on another LL 4.6 i5 computer, which had been working fine for a long time.

1:  Using Vivaldi browser I used DistroTest.net to look at a distro, a very slow process. I then left that site.

2:  within the next 30 mins or so the computer became slow, slower, then almost stopped/froze as I tried to re-start. A partly obscured message window appeared, and I'll give the left hand end of the message - sorry, it may seem pointless, but someone may recognize it!?

RECEIVE
Did not rec
remote ap
bus securit
timeout ex
broken.

after a few mins more the re-start did take place and things seemed to work ok.
I did run Home folder scan on ClamTK, no threats found.

3: The scary part! shortly after 2 began my smartphone, whose wifi hotspot I was using (never a problem before), also froze, black screen, and took a long time pressing the start button for it to respond and re-boot.
What a coincidence, 2 devices crashing! (The only thing that occurs, other than a malware attack, is maybe when I lifted the phone I pressed the start button, and ....? But that doesn't do any harm now...)

4: not long after re-boot PC started to not respond to clicking, for example Menu on panel, except for a split-second flash of a window. The ClamTK did open, but actions within it just same brief window flashes.

I have checked the Win7 partition on that pc, working fine.

I've re-booted into LL and it looks like it's working fine for now. ClamTK of System files ok.

I've no idea if this is a software issue or an attack.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 10:22:48 PM by firenice03 »
SN.  I hope my reply has been useful - click Thank on the left.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section