You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Chrome browser stops working after minute of use

Author (Read 8592 times)

Re: Chrome browser stops working after minute of use
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 12:24:14 PM »

bobw

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I had problems with Google Chrome when I first installed it.  The problem turned out to be that it was synching everything, including apps and extensions, with my other Chrome installations on a Windows laptop and mobile devices.  I uninstalled and reinstalled it, then selected "Choose what to sync" rather than "Synch everything" and deselected Apps and Extensions.  It now works perfectly.

Incidentally, I installed it by dowloading the debian package from Google (link on the Google search page in Firefox) and launching it to the Package Installer without recourse to the Terminal.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 11:00:05 AM »

yrjo1

Problem solved. I changed to chromium-browser and start it, with password store option like this: /usr/bin/chromium-browser --password-store=basic
Then it will not crash immediatelly.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:29:00 AM by yrjo1 »

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 12:59:32 PM »

shaggytwodope

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Shaggy's Blog

• CPU: Intel i5 4440

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD Graphics 4600
How did you install chrome, what source etc (if you can simply link to the file/version). Can you try running it from a terminal and copy the entire output from the terminal and place on a "pastebin" like service or preferably https://gist.github.com/ for us.
The Truth is out there.
Be sure to check the Manual out and always report Bugs or feature requests.

Chrome browser stops working after minute of use
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 11:57:08 AM »

yrjo1

Chrome browser crashes all the time, with different errors. Like this: ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(185)] Gtk: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to allocate widget with width -2147483648 and height 1019
opt/google/chrome/chrome: /build/buildd/cairo-1.10.2/src/cairo-surface.c:1287: cairo_surface_set_device_offset: Assertion `status == CAIRO_STATUS_SUCCESS' failed.
Aborted
What can I do, except to use firefox browser?

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section