You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Brave and Chrome browsers ask for keyring when started.

Author (Read 3539 times)

Re: Brave and Chrome browsers ask for keyring when started.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 07:40:17 AM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

• Kernel: 5.x
Hi,

Just click continue, you'll be warned about leaving a blank password, don't worry about it and press continue again, that's it, you won't be bothered again! :)
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

Brave and Chrome browsers ask for keyring when started.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 01:07:06 PM »

Jose_Freire

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Pentium

• MEMORY: 2Gb
Hello LL Team. I'm a newbie but already starting to put things up on my old Asus Laptop. I really am in love with Lite 5.8 and already managed to function well with a lot of applications and programs I use on my daily routine.
One of my "problems" now is that every time I start Chrome or Brave browsers, that I've installed, the system asks for my password, keyring, to open, and that is annoying. It does not happen with Tor or Mozilla probably because Mozilla is the system chosed default browser.
I've searched before here on this forum for the very same problem and I found that long ago somebody had the same issue and solved it by using the command sudo apt-get install seahorse that was suggested by Jerry and after that to complete the procedure the answer 29 from https://askubuntu.com/questions/867/how-can-i-stop-being-prompted-to-unlock-the-default-keyring-on-boot has appointed. The problem is that I cannot find that answer and as a result I cant solve the issue.

Sorry to come back again to this topic but I'm stuck  and really want to know how to solve this kind of issues in the future.

Regards,

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section