You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Torrent "Tracker gave an error: 'Connection Failed'"

Author (Read 4842 times)

Re: Torrent "Tracker gave an error: 'Connection Failed'"
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2020, 08:43:47 AM »

kumaramark27

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I'm leaving folks, Linux Lite is a neat distro for sure but it's giving me to much problems on the old box and runs too slow.
cartoonhd.onl
Regards, 9apps apk
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 10:30:35 PM by kumaramark27 »

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 11:40:13 AM »

az2020

• New to Forums
    • View Profile

• CPU: Ryzen 3 3200u

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Radeon Vega 3

• Kernel: 5.x
FTR, tracker errors are as common as oxygen.

Just to clarify: I see it all the time for Linux Lite (almost never for any other torrent, including the *buntus). Using the analogy to gases: Linux Lite's tracker error is as prevalent as oxygen & nitrogen together (20.95% & 78.09%). All the other torrents have errors as frequently as carbon dioxide (0.041%).

I understand it's not a concern. I just wanted to clarify it's not as frequently/normally occurring as you described.

Sorry for wasting your time. Just thought it would help to report it.

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 11:38:22 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

coppersurfer.tk had problems a few years back(2016) with Dutch authorites. I found nothing new about that issue indicating whether it was ever resolved.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 11:20:17 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

Looks like you've answered your own question. What primary tracker does Ubuntu use? FTR, tracker errors are as common as oxygen. Not something I would have even posted about tbh.

Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 10:50:52 AM »

az2020

• New to Forums
    • View Profile

To clarify,

• I began serving/seeding Linux Lite back when 5.0 was released. I was having this "connection refused" error then. (I don't think it's something new.). It seems to be something specific to the tracker.coppersurfer.tk host. (I don't think it's related to Transmission because no other torrent I seed has this error. At least not this way, consistently all the time. I have seen *buntu torrents turn red with this error more than once. But, not all the time like this one.).
  • It seems to still work. I see peers come and go, downloading even though the torrent is flagged red in error.

Here are a couple screen shots:

The above is pretty much how it looks all the time. If I close & re-open Transmission, the Linux Lite torrent will be black (normal) for 2-5 minutes, then turn red again & remains that way. I don't think I've seen it go back to a non-error state by itself. (But, as I said above, it seems to still work. I see downloading activity occasionally.).

Clicking "properties" on the Linux Lite torrent shows more info:

I just wanted to report it (and add more detail in this post). There must be other people here seeding Linux Lite. It sounds like I'm the only person seeing this error condition.

I don't know how torrents work. Maybe everyone connects to different tracker hosts, and I'm the only one connecting to that coppersurfer.tk host(?). Maybe it's specific to that(?).

No big deal. I just wanted to report it.

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 01:23:06 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

Plenty  of good Transmission seeders here...

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 11:19:22 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

I haven't changed the way I've compiled torrent files in years, it's always been the same way so nothing has changed at my end. Try another app as a troubleshooter, if it works, then it's Transmission.

Torrent "Tracker gave an error: 'Connection Failed'"
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 02:14:11 PM »

az2020

• New to Forums
    • View Profile

I'm using Transmission 2.92 on a fully-updated Linux Lite 5.0. (This is the torrent software LL 5.0 came with.).

I consistently get the subject error msg for the Linux Lite torrent I'm serving/seeding.

I get this msg only for Linux Lite (never any of the 10 other distros I serve).

I've been getting the error serving 5.0 for months (since it was released). I just downloaded 5.2 and got it error within minutes of adding the torrent to Transmission.

Transmission is set to use port 51413 & "UPnP or NAT-PMP". My router is configured to use port-forwarding, not UPnP. ("Test port" says port is open.). This info seems irrelevant because 10 other ISOs I'm constantly seeding never have this error.

I wanted to report this in case it's not been noticed. It seems to be something specific to the tracker Linux Lite uses? (No other Linux ISO I serve/seed is every error-red with this msg. But, LL has it all the time, whenever I check in on my laptop seeding ISOs).

If I can provide any other info, I will be happy to.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section