You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Audible

Author (Read 3999 times)

Re: Audible
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 09:51:49 PM »

Alex

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I am not very familiar with Audible, but from the looks of it you only have two options and that is Wine or running Windows in Virtualbox. I probably would go with the latter to be honest. It is very easy to use VirualBox to install something like Windows XP, and then use the Audible manager from inside of that. That is how I used to watch Netflix before Pipelight and now HTML5 playback :)

Worked like a charm, TYVM :)

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 09:09:17 AM »

Alex

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Thank you for your suggestions...I'll give them a go.

:)

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 08:26:07 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
You could try a user agent plugin for your web browser, set it to android.

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 07:00:10 PM »

eightbit

I am not very familiar with Audible, but from the looks of it you only have two options and that is Wine or running Windows in Virtualbox. I probably would go with the latter to be honest. It is very easy to use VirualBox to install something like Windows XP, and then use the Audible manager from inside of that. That is how I used to watch Netflix before Pipelight and now HTML5 playback :)

Audible
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 06:49:53 PM »

Alex

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
One of the things had to give up when I replaced WinXP with LL was my membership to Audible.com (I like audiobooks) as their Download manager caters for Windows and Apple but not for Linux, however they do cater for downloads to Androids, which are, I am told,  Linux based.

I have been wondering if I can some how fool their system into thinking that LL is an android or maybe using Wine to fool it that I have a Windows OS?

If any of the above are likely, how would I do it?

Thanks

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section