You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Anydesk and screen locking

Author (Read 4774 times)

Re: Anydesk and screen locking
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2021, 03:31:44 PM »

PC Repair

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
May have figured it out. I was locking the screen with a blank page. Apparently Anydesk is looking for some pixels. Once I changed the screensaver to one with image data, everything seems to be working as expected.

Hopefully others can benefit from my mistake!

Re: Anydesk and screen locking
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2021, 10:50:55 AM »

PC Repair

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Some new data. Tried Anydesk on my iPad and I was able to access my mom's Linux Lite login screen. So may be an Anydesk issue rather than a Linux Lite issue.

I can confirm it's not a Windows Anydesk <> Ubuntu Anydesk (Gnome) problem, however. Maybe just a Windows Anydesk <> Linux Lite (Xfce) Anydesk problem, so far?

I'm going to put Linux Lite on a laptop this morning to see what happens Linux Lite Anydesk <> Linux Lite Anydesk.

Also going to ask some questions over on the Anydesk support forums. In the meantime, if anyone has any thoughts, I'd really appreciate hearing them. Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 10:54:13 AM by PC Repair »

Anydesk and screen locking
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 10:05:13 PM »

PC Repair

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Trying to manage my mom's Linux Lite desktop remotely from my Win10 desktop. I installed Anydesk and I can access her screen remotely if the screen is unlocked. I.e., no screensaver enabled, just "display off" after 5 minutes of inactivity, using the power settings.

I don't want to leave her PC unprotected, however. So instead of powering off the display, I enabled a "black" screensaver after 5 minutes and "locking" after 1 minute.

Problem is in this state, when I try to access her display remotely, Anydesk sees her machine is online, but when I connect it hangs on "waiting for image". I can't interact with her login screen.

I don't think it's an Anydesk issue, because I have another family member running Ubuntu 18.04 and I can see that lock screen and remotely log in.

Any tips or work-arounds would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 01:00:23 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section