You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

3.0 Problems & fixes

Author (Read 6663 times)

Re: 3.0 Problems & fixes
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 03:28:11 PM »

JmaCWQ

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
It worked! Thanks.  ;D

You're welcome Coastie.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 10:11:57 AM »

Coastie

• PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite User
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD A10-6700 (ASUS M32)

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ADM Radeon HD (integrated)
6. Blinding boot splash ... Easily fixed with Grub Customizer ...

Grub Customizer not changing font colors or boot splash in 3.0. Does let you modify splash or no splash but in 3.0 so little text in boot sequence now doesn't matter. I changed boot splash image at new location
/usr/share/plymouth/themes/liteboot/background.png

like shown at http://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/start-up-and-shutdown/(solved)-changing-the-boot-splash-screen/msg8600/#msg8600

Left Mac OS X for Linux in Jan 2014

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 09:42:04 AM »

Coastie

• PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite User
    • View Profile

... Just before a restart set your mouse to the desired cursor scheme with no other programs open, then open Session and Startup settings, on the general tab under Logout Settings check 'Automatically save session on logout', click Close. ...

It worked! Thanks.  ;D

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 10:56:45 AM »

Coastie

• PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite User
    • View Profile

6. Blinding boot splash and blinding default wallpaper. Easily fixed with Grub Customizer* and my own selected wallpaper. Might be a problem for a newby coming from Windows. I know Jerry has posted about changing the boot splash in 3.2 but that won't be until 1 Nov. Maybe a 3.1 for these sooner?  :-\

* I like watching the "magic" text so always set my boot to just quiet (no splash).  ;D

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 02:30:40 AM »

JmaCWQ

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
Something that might or might not help with the mouse cursors changing, this below stopped it for me.

Just before a restart set your mouse to the desired cursor scheme with no other programs open, then open Session and Startup settings, on the general tab under Logout Settings check 'Automatically save session on logout', click Close.
If it's already checked uncheck it, click close, open Session and Startup settings again, check it, click Close.
Restart.

I also have launch GNOME services on startup checked on the advanced tab, not sure if that one makes any difference or not as I haven't bothered trying it, but the checking the save session box seems to stop all that behaviour with it changing back and forth like you're seeing in Firefox, I was seeing it in Thunderbird also.

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 07:34:08 PM »

Kyle

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600

• MEMORY: 4Gb
I would also like to state that when using the DMZ Black cursor it always reverts back to the original cursor or when I am in Firefox and mouse up towards the URL it magically uses the black cursor but when I mouse below the URL bar it goes back to the original cursor. This issue is not only seen in Firefox, I was only using that as an example.

3.0 Problems & fixes
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 04:25:31 PM »

Coastie

• PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite User
    • View Profile

Went ahead and moved up from 2.8 installed 3.0. Glad it won't have to be done for another two years.  ::)

1. Themes as posted at http://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/on-topic/themes-in-3-0/msg24260/#msg24260 Theme not working in KPatience but works in KMahjongg. May change to AisleRiot Solitaire because theme is working but do not like card styles and themes as well in KDE version.

2. Installed DMZ cursor (white) but size would not hold. Solved by going back to default cursor which had changed to white by theme choice. :(

3. Radio Tray bug in Ubuntu 16.04 http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/radiotray/+bug/1557115  Fixed by installing python-xdg with Synaptic.

4. Gnome-brave icons problem http://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/on-topic/themes-icons-in-3-0/

Just going to use Log Out xfce4-session-logout with

5. Filelight http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=9887 confusing Firefox. I like the pie charts. But when click on where a download went in Firefox open Filelight view of the folder where it download was located. I'll just use "DisplayDisk Usage" in Lite Tweaks.

I do not think any of these problems are Linux Lite 3.0 but Ubuntu 16.04 problems. Hopefully they will be fixed by Ubuntu.  :-\
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:12:32 AM by Coastie »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section