You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

(WINE, FSviewer) My folder is gone after trying RENAME + [ESC] for canceling it

Author (Read 2129 times)

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Might still show up in catfish if you don't update the file base before the search.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

JmaCWQ

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile
If you can remember the folder's exact name try creating a new folder in the location the missing one was and naming it the same as the missing one.
Sometimes that works, sometimes not.

(WINE, FSviewer) My folder is gone after trying RENAME + [ESC] for canceling it
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 02:41:21 AM »

Syaiful

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: T2080 @1.73 Ghz Intel

• MEMORY: 2Gb
Hi,

I encounter a deleting/disappearing file/folder problem under WINE and FSViewer.

The problem will be happened If I'm trying to rename a folder (using right click and choosing 'rename' in pulldown menu) and then click [ESC] for canceling  the rename action. After that action, certainly I will not able to find the folder/file even though I had searched it outside WINE, such as  via terminal (using 'ls' command).

Right now the important for me is to recover the disappear forlder/file. Thanks for any suggestion for recovering.

cheers.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section