You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

[SOLVED] Looking for Text editor with options to change page colour ?

Author (Read 5212 times)

Re: Looking for Text editor with options to change page colour ?
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 11:49:02 AM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
Hello gold_finger,

Thank You for your help  :)
I had not tried Gedit, only Leafpad.
I have installed Gedit and it did have 6 colour schemes by default.
I done some searching and made my own custom colour scheme using Scribes Theme Generator
I then followed this info
To modify the built-in themes, copy them from /usr/share/gtksourceview-2.0/styles/ to ~/.local/share/gtksourceview-2.0/styles/ and edit the text files.
First trying to copy the theme file to the first location (3.0 though), it would not allow me to add the xml file into the styles folder, no message occurs just greyed out copy or paste functions, I then tried to move it to the folder it produces a red circle with line across it symbol, and won't move the file.
I then looked for the second folder which does not exist at this path.
I then tried to alter one of the existing templates in Gedit (using Leafpad), with the new theme code, when I opened the program it didn't use the new code , when I rechecked the theme I had altered it had not held the code for the new theme. I removed it and replaced with the copy/backup just in case it made a problem.
I then used the function inside Gedit to add new themes and it loads the new theme correctly whilst it is located in the templates folder. Plus I will save it to a usb flash drive.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 05:49:42 PM by bitsnpcs »

Re: Looking for Text editor with options to change page colour ?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 02:07:16 AM »

gold_finger

• Documentation Writer
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500 3.0GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 4 Series Integrated Graphics
Have you tried Gedit?

I haven't used it myself in LL, but I have in Mint.  (In Mint) It comes with a few choices of color schemes by default, but not sure if that is a Mint specific thing or standard with any gedit install.  Install with command:
Code: [Select]
sudo apt-get install gedit
Open it, then go to Edit -> Preferences -> Fonts & Colors (tab).  Since there is a choice to add new color schemes, I'm guessing that you might be able to make your own custom scheme -- but I've never bothered with that, so can't tell you how it's done.  You may need to do some searching for how to do that.
Try Linux Beginner Search Engine for answers to Linux questions.

[SOLVED] Looking for Text editor with options to change page colour ?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 01:28:15 AM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
Hello,

I am looking for some advice on choosing a text editor that has an option to allow me to change the page colour to a specific hex colour.
If the editor uses different colour fonts on the page for functions I would need it to either, alter those to contrast with the new page colour automatically, or have separate colour controls for each font function set so I can edit manually to contrast.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 05:51:01 PM by bitsnpcs »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section