You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

[SOLVED] How to install Adobe Flash in Linux Lite

Author (Read 18151 times)

Re: How to install Adobe Flash in Linux Lite
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 02:11:36 PM »

altman

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Get into Synatptic & look for adobe-flashplugin .

HP DV7 i7 2670QM 500.1GB 8GB Ram Dual-Boot LL2.4 Beta / Extix 15.1.1 64-bit 
Dell Inspiron 1720 CrunchBang 11

Duckduckgo ( for now )

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 02:03:57 PM »

MooiFlieks.Com

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 256mb

What website is giving you that message?

Thank you for the question;  I have now established it's when I want to watch Dailymotion.com videos that I get the message to update flash.  YouTube videos do play. 

But I do want to watch those dailymotion.com videos :(  Any advice? 

I have run the update installations but I still can't watch the dailymotion videos. 

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 05:06:49 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
What website is giving you that message?

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 03:20:43 PM »

avj

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD/ATI RC410 Radeon Xpress 200/1100
When I run into this kind of situation the first thing I do is check to see if I have all the latest updates. They are found in the main menu/favorites/install updates.  When you try to Install updates, if it asks if you want to change the configuration on anything it is best to choose "No" to keep your current configuration, Unlike windows changing the configuration in linux can cause problems. Once the updates are installed you should have an up to date flash.
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

[SOLVED] How to install Adobe Flash in Linux Lite
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 09:29:28 AM »

MooiFlieks.Com

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 256mb
Hello there! 

This is probably a hollowback question, but please note I am completely new to anything Linux and Linux Lite is my first experience with Linux so I don't really know how to do anything yet, so if you're going to respond, please assume I know only Windows 7 and nothing Linux orientated. 

When I first installed Linux Lite, adobe flash was installed automatically with it.  However, it seems something, i assume an update, changed it to showing in video windows "You need to update your flash player to view this video.  Download now from Adobe.com". 

So I downloaded some files from Adobe.com but have no idea what to do with it.  It's not quite like windows where there is some setup.exe file to click and everything happens automatically. 

In conclusion, my question is how to install Adobe Flash step by step in the ways of Linux.  I have searched for some answers but most answers assume I know what things are in Linux and how installing stuff works. 

Is there somewhere easy I can have things installed with one click?  I was thinking of an addon for Mozilla Firefox, but couldn't find any Adobe Flash addon. 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:42:05 AM by Scott(0) »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section