You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Wacom Digital Tablet installation

Author (Read 4122 times)

Re: Wacom Digital Tablet installation
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 08:41:12 PM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 10:08:20 AM »

Just J

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Athlon

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE
Thanks for responding.  I installed the tablet (Intous Pro) with no problems except I don't seem to have pressure sensitivity.  I only tried it in Pinta though, haven't tried Gimp yet.

I was sweating this installation but it went perfectly - now to get the danged printer to work!!!

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 08:54:29 AM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
Hello,
I use Wacom Intuos Draw, this is plug and play in Linux Lite, I used it with Gimp.
Just connected it and used it.
I have not tried any other Wacom tablets.

Wacom Digital Tablet installation
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 03:06:06 PM »

Just J

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Athlon

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE
Ok, I've been playing with LL most of the morning to try to become familiar with it.  I'm amazed I can get around so well in it so quickly.  Thanks for making it so user friendly.

I've not had any problems with LL so far but I'm a digital tablet user and want to set up my Wacom tablet with it.  I searched the forum here and didn't see any posts about tablets and just want to avoid any pitfalls before I attempt the installation. 

I found some directions at the Ubuntu forum (I think it was) which said everything was pretty much plug and play.  Is that the case with LL also? 

Is there anything I should be aware of before I try to hook up the tablet?  Will the drivers update automatically as they have in the past (although I'm sure there won't need to be many driver changes with LL)? 

This will be my first major change and I don't want to mess it up.  If the tablet is installed successfully, maybe I'll have the confidence to tackle the printer next!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 06:13:08 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section