Hardware - Support > Other

Samsung N145 Plus - difficulty in configuring keyboard

(1/2) > >>

m654321:

--- Quote from: N4RPS on September 08, 2014, 02:37:18 AM ---Hello!

Have you tried 'Menu' > 'Settings' > 'Keyboard' and checking the 'Restore num lock state on startup' box, to preserve the setting you are now making every time on the next boot?

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

--- End quote ---

I tried this and now no longer need to press fn + f11 each time, following boot-up.
Many thanks for this useful tip Rob.  It seems that this topic is now fully solved.
Thankyou everyone.

Regards
Mike

N4RPS:
Hello!

Have you tried 'Menu' > 'Settings' > 'Keyboard' and checking the 'Restore num lock state on startup' box, to preserve the setting you are now making every time on the next boot?

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

m654321:
Thankyou Valtam, for pointing me in the right direction.

I have found the solution in one of the feedback comments of a 'twistedpairdevelopment' article on the Samsung N145.
It was very easy.  Simply press the keys fn + f11 keys together (f11=num lock on this computer) and this allows the keyboard keys
to give the correct letter when pressed. It was that simple! However I need to do this each time after I've booted into LL 2.0.

Regards
Mike

Jerry:
Try this: http://twistedpairdevelopment.wordpress.com/2010/11/16/installing-ubuntu-on-a-samsung-n145-and-possibly-others/
The 'Function keys not working' section.

m654321:
Just for the record...

I tried Zorin Lite and Linux Mint and they appear to work fine with the Samsung N145 Plus notebook: no issues with either the keyboard layout or the display backlight.  Zorin Lite works right out of the box with no need for any further configuration or change of any settings at all.

However, I am still unable  to solve both these issue when I use LL 2.0 (32-bit) with this laptop, even though this is my OS of choice.  However, I must add that LL 2.0 works excellently on my other computer, an Asus X71Q laptop (64-bit), where it is multi-booted with three other distros.

I just need to sort out the Samsung issue... any help/comments/reflections out there gratefully appreciated...

Regards
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version