Hardware - Support > Other

Keyboard Layout Problem.

(1/5) > >>

karlheinz:
Hallo! Ich habe LL6.4 mehrfach neu installiert. Bei der Installation ist Chrome als Browser dabei, den hatte ich auch in Windows. Der funktioniert, Firefox ist möglicherweise ein "Snap" der Probleme bereitet. Viel Erfolg ! K.H.

Ean:
Many thanks for all the time you've spent on this. I've not got a System Restore as the problem started right from the beginning. I'll try a re-install, and see if the issues I'm having with Firefox will disappear as well.

stevef:
I'm out of ideas as to why your system is fixed on using what is probably a us keyboard layout.
All the locations I can think of where the keyboard layout is noted point at a gb layout.  Clearly I am missing something.

The absence of the pictogram on the GUI settings screen is one possible avenue to explore, but beyond my scope.   

If you have snapshots made using 'System Restore  Utility' (aka timeshift) you could try rolling back, but it maybe time to re-install.

Ean:
cat /etc/default/keyboard
# KEYBOARD CONFIGURATION FILE

# Consult the keyboard(5) manual page.

XKBMODEL="pc105"
XKBLAYOUT="gb"
XKBVARIANT=""
XKBOPTIONS=""

BACKSPACE="guess"

Ean:
 The keyboard problem was there right from the start. I can't remember where I found the many keyboard options available.

I've just realised I'm on a Windows machine; I'll do the Terminal command tomorrow morning.

Just to let you know, I'll be going away tomorrow around midday for about a week and will have no Internet access.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version