Hardware - Support > Other

How to power on your Linux Lite machine with Fingerprint Reader on Lenovo T430?

(1/1)

N4RPS:
Hello!

You're welcome. I hope you can pull it off. If/when you do, for the next guy, I also hope you'll come back and tell us how you did it.

I do that because usually, that 'next guy' ends up being ME! Old age (and other factors) have made me so forgetful sometimes...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

vaikus84:

--- Quote from: N4RPS on January 26, 2015, 07:30:39 AM ---Hello!

I have an HP Compaq nc6320 laptop with a fingerprint reader.

To date, my attempts to get the reader to work in Linux have been in vain. Every time I try, crazy things happen to my dual-boot environment that require me to reinstall both Linux AND Windows to fix it.

I cannot advise you strongly enough that you should back your system up before you begin to try to make that fingerprint reader work...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

--- End quote ---

Thank you for this friendly warning.

N4RPS:
Hello!

I have an HP Compaq nc6320 laptop with a fingerprint reader.

To date, my attempts to get the reader to work in Linux have been in vain. Every time I try, crazy things happen to my dual-boot environment that require me to reinstall both Linux AND Windows to fix it.

I cannot advise you strongly enough that you should back your system up before you begin to try to make that fingerprint reader work...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

Jerry:
Try fingerprint-gui - http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2013/03/how-to-get-your-fingerprint-reader-working-in-ubuntu Take extra note of the precaution in the article.

vaikus84:
Hello fellow Thinkpad Linux Lite users

How can I set up the fingerprint reader to power on the machine when only using Linux Lite ( currently version 2.2 64bit )?

Thank you in advance,
vaikus84

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version