You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

BIOS does not see my battery LL3.6 XPS 1210 Dell

Author (Read 6733 times)

Re: BIOS does not see my battery LL3.6 XPS 1210 Dell
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 12:30:01 PM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
@Acdane
Don't know if you solved your issue but if your LL system is up open a terminal and try this command: sudo dmidecode -t portable battery
to see of your battery is actually there and working. To see your BIOS info try: sudo dmidecode -t bios

TC
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:32:17 PM by trinidad »
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 01:42:35 PM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Shut down the computer. Unplug the AC device and remove the battery. Put back together and restart the computer going immediately to the BIOS. Reset the BIOS to factory defaults and the cmos clock. Allow the computer to attempt boot. BIOS should then record the proper ACPI device controls if bins are there. If OS fails to boot afterwards hard shutdown is okay. Make any changes to the BIOS needed to boot OS, reset cmos clock, but do not edit ACPI settings. Some BIOS will not recognize new ACPI controlled hardware devices without resetting to factory default first. Often the case with HDDs as well.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 05:31:38 AM »

Patti448

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Ryzen 1700

Does it work? I'm curious :D

_________
http://blendberg.com/pl/aktualnosci

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 07:40:41 PM »

TheDead

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Worshipper
    • View Profile
    • My OpenDesktop Projects

• CPU: HAL9000

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Quantum State VR v.3

• Kernel: 4.x
Unplug your laptop and remove the battery.
Boot and/or go in BIOS and check if you have a warning or error.
Press the self-check button on the battery, check battery level. (most dell Latitude have them, dunno about XPS laptops).
Check the connector on the battery and laptop, there could be a bent pin. Happened to me more then once users computers.
Bonus quesion : Does the battery LED light flash when powerpack is plugged in? Is so, a defective pack, charging module or motherboard could be the problem.
--
Worst case / urban legend!(i.e. If nothing works! )
Completely wrap the battery in a towel, Put the battery burrito in a plastic bag, put in freezer for 24H.
Remove from freezer, do not remove plastic bag or towel. Leave at room temperature 24H.
Unwrap and eat, I mean put back battery in laptop. Try tests again. If fails you need to buy a new battery (unless charging light flashes liked mentioned in Bonus question)

NOTE : I tried this Urban Legend a few times has it's suppose to "reset" battery memory, etc. It never worked for me... yet! ;)

-TheDead (TheUxNo0b)
- TheDead (TheUxNo0b)

If my blabbering was helpful, please click my [Thank] link.

BIOS does not see my battery LL3.6 XPS 1210 Dell
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 04:17:28 PM »

Acdane

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dell XPS M1210

• MEMORY: 2Gb
Doea anyone know why my BIOS would not see my battery?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:11:18 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section