Hardware - Support > Other

battery problems Dell not charging/ disabled

(1/2) > >>

javier_mina:

--- Quote from: TheDead on February 22, 2021, 09:52:11 AM ---Strangely enough, I had to change 4 batteries from DELL system last week about the same age...
The batteries in all of them was dead, but also they all were "bloated". (i.e. they were suppused to be flat/slim but looked like they ate chips and chocolates for the lest year ;) )
Kidding aside, this made the laptop split open near the battery compartement and I'm pretty sure it could be a fire hazard.
So, check if you have any "deformation" of your laptop. Is so, remove the battery A.S.A.P.. Replace with an genuine one, not a "compatible/refurbished" from ebay.

Cheers!

--- End quote ---
No suh issue here, but thanks for the warning.

TheDead:
Strangely enough, I had to change 4 batteries from DELL system last week about the same age...
The batteries in all of them was dead, but also they all were "bloated". (i.e. they were suppused to be flat/slim but looked like they ate chips and chocolates for the lest year ;) )
Kidding aside, this made the laptop split open near the battery compartement and I'm pretty sure it could be a fire hazard.
So, check if you have any "deformation" of your laptop. Is so, remove the battery A.S.A.P.. Replace with an genuine one, not a "compatible/refurbished" from ebay.

Cheers!

javier_mina:

--- Quote from: Jerry on February 14, 2021, 08:28:14 AM ---'Charge' for 3 hrs, then take the charger out of the pc and see how long it runs on battery before shutting down.

--- End quote ---
Thanks Jerry.  Tried your suggestion, but no joy.  I presume that the battery is completely dead.

TheDead:
The OS would not interfere but you can try to charge when the laptop is OFF.
Also, if the laptop was plugged in all the time, this seems to accelerate the "death" of a batteries. Never did research on this though. :-S

Jerry:
'Charge' for 3 hrs, then take the charger out of the pc and see how long it runs on battery before shutting down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version