You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

MS Lifecam VX-2000 - sound issues

Author (Read 11255 times)

Re: MS Lifecam VX-2000 - sound issues
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 11:32:02 AM »

hnorwood

Many thanks fro your reply - sorry for the delay in replying. It seems to be working now. I don't really know why it is - I did find something (in the interim) on a ubuntu forum, but didn't think it worked. I then thought "blow it" and plugged a microphone into the mic socket on the PC.That worked, of course, but isn't an elegant answer.

Now, however it works with just the web cam.
{PS I have followed your instructions, but I have a vague idea that I did that also when I was experimenting and it didn't work}
Kind regards

Re: MS Lifecam VX-2000 - sound issues
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 10:47:01 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Hello hnorwood, open up Menu > Multimedia > Pulseaudio Volume Control. Click on the Input tab and click the 'tick' ( top right in picture ) to set the cam mic as the fallback. Then go into Skype and make sure it is set up as the default mic there to.

MS Lifecam VX-2000 - sound issues
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 01:14:16 PM »

hnorwood

Hello from a newcomer to Linux
I am looking at using Linux (in this case LinuxLite 1.0.6) instead of WinXP and have installed it on my PC
My webcam is a MS Lifecam VX-2000 which attaches via the usb port.
I tried Skyping my daughter - the video works fine but she couldn't hear me. Investigating the Pulse Audio system showed the moving bar under the analog mono microphone labelled for the webcam, in "Input devices" moves as I speak but only for a few seconds, then stops and will no longer move.

Any suggestions would be welcome.
Many thanks

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section