Hardware - Support > Other

[SOLVED] Mouse and keyboard stop working when plugged in

(1/1)

Madhuvan Rishiraj:
OK. Thanks a lot for your help. I got the problem solved it seems. I opened the laptop and disconnected all the ribbons one by one while the machine still plugged in and booted. And then I reattached everything all the while having the notebook on and plugged in. Now all seems to work well. At least for now. Thanks again.

rokytnji:

--- Quote ---Yes. An external mouse works perfectly.

However my adapter is the same OEM adapter that I had been using all along.

It suddenly began doing this. Can I do something about it?
--- End quote ---

I do not know.  But it sure sounds like a hardware problem instead of a software problem to me.

Madhuvan Rishiraj:
Yes. An external mouse works perfectly.

However my adapter is the same OEM adapter that I had been using all along.

It suddenly began doing this. Can I do something about it?

rokytnji:
I have a couple of Netbooks that do the same as

--- Quote --- Then as I plugged the charger back in, they stopped working again. When I took the charger off it started working again. If I leave the charger connected for a long time it stops working completely and I have to press the power button to shutdown. Kindly help.
--- End quote ---

It is not operating system related. I have 3 of these same Netbooks.
1 has the OEM Charger and used on any of the other netbooks. In other words, tested on all 3. The mouse does not freeze up.

The other 2 came with after market Chinese chargers. Those charge up the battery fine. Problem is. They freeze up the touchpad on that model netbook. It is a irq hardware conflict that is way above my skills to fix.

So. I use a Bluetooth wireless mouse while the charger is attached.  The netbooks work fine that way.
So if Keyboard and mouse is locked up during charging,

Try to beg, borrow, a external mouse and keyboard to see if I am right that your problem is like mine.
If the laptop accepts inputs from the external mouse and keyboard. Then your problem is like I described
it to be.

Madhuvan Rishiraj:
Hello,
I am kind of a layman when it comes to Linux, but now using Linux Lite for last one year. Here is the problem I have that I request your help with:
My Laptop DELL Vostro-1015 where I have Lite 2.2 installed (64 bit) for last 2 months (before that I had Lite 2.0) developed this problem suddenly yesterday. The mouse and the keyboard suddenly stopped working. I thought maybe the ribbon cables are lose, so I took them apart and refitted them and they started working after a while. Then as I plugged the charger back in, they stopped working again. When I took the charger off it started working again. If I leave the charger connected for a long time it stops working completely and I have to press the power button to shutdown. Kindly help.

Recently (3 weeks back) I removed the DVD drive as it was broken.

I also checked with a live USB to find out if there was a problem with the Distro, but nothing happened. I tried Live USB of Lite 2.2 and Manjaro XFCE.

Thank you for bearing with me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version