You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Which of these is not LL files?

Author (Read 2084 times)

Re: Which of these is not LL files?
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 01:15:35 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

• Kernel: 5.x
I'm not familiar with Linux system files so I'd try not mess with them unless I'm sure.
Hmmm ... Looks like you have already messed with it.
I just wanted to experiment what happens when you install more than one OS in the same partition.
I think the answer is pretty obvious and you've found the hard way; it's a mess and you shouldn't do that to start with. Is this Linux Lite 3.8? Looks like it is. I would reinstall Linux lite just to make sure evrything works fine; even if you manage to find and delete android's folders, there's not guarantee the filesystem will hold for too long, making your system unuseable. To find where android's files are, you might try using catfish; click on menu and type catfish, hit enter to start the app, once it does, in the search box type android and click on search

Hope this helps! :)
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

Which of these is not LL files?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 09:36:10 AM »

This PC

• New to Forums
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Pentium E5300 Dual-Core Processor @2.60 GHz

• MEMORY: 1Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (256 mb)

• Kernel: 4.x
Hi,

As seen in the image, i installed Android x86 in the same partition as LL. I just wanted to experiment what happens when you install more than one OS in the same partition. And, as result, x86 grub replaced the LL grub so I couldn't access LL because it is not shown in x86 menu. Now, I've booted into LL using EasyBCD (installed in windows) boot menu that led me to LL grub menu.

Android x86 has only 2 folders after installation (i noticed it when i installed it in empty partition earlier but i can't recall their folder names). One of them is obviously `cm-x86....` and i don't know which one is the other folder. I've already deleted this folder. Just wanted to know about the other one. I'm not familiar with Linux system files so I'd try not mess with them unless I'm sure.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 09:40:20 AM by This PC »
Currently using Linux Lite 3.8 (32-bit, Ubuntu 18.04-bionic)

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section