You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Upcoming Version 5.0

Author (Read 3274 times)

Re: Upcoming Version 5.0
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 03:48:02 PM »

supergamer

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Phenom 565

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: 550 ti
There is a way to do this. Now the reasons why normal users shouldn't. There are a lot of programs that get uninstalled, different ways to execute a root program like going from the 3 series to the 4 series. You have all sorts of little things that normal users who are not familiar on how to fix things that are broken should not be messing around with. Just look at the forum post on update errors where they post basically the answer to their own problem yet the posts still occur without googling for an answer or searching the forums. It is easier to rebuild the system rather than take all of the time trying to fix something that went wrong with the update. I do know the steps as I have taken and released a base 3.4 all the way up to the 20.04 daily's and the steps involved are simple but the fixes are not. I know I am probably out of place to say this but I know from experience or at least mine that this is why.

Upcoming Version 5.0
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 01:29:56 AM »

Narender Rao

• NarenderRao
  • New to Forums
  • Linux Lite User
    • View Profile

• Kernel: 5.x
Hello Sir!I have been using LL from 3.0 onwards, I have upgraded to 3.8 and for the recent 4.8 version, I had to use entire disc to install LL and later had to make another partition on the hdd ! Is this there to happen again for LL 5.0? Or is there any way to upgrade from 4.8 to 5.0 without any problem or messing all again!! I request the developers to look into this aspect and feature of upgrading to next level version smoothly.Thank you all !!!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 07:49:08 PM by Jerry »
Kpnrao

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section