General > On Topic

Unhappy user on another website

(1/3) > >>

elija:

--- Quote from: Colicos on July 30, 2014, 01:13:00 PM ---Few people take the time to call McDonalds, ask for the manager, and tell the manager that they just had the BEST cheeseburger ever from their fast food place. Most just call to complain to the manager about poor customer service, screwed up order, etc.
--- End quote ---

True that. I once got great service on a customer service line and asked to speak to a supervisor. Having complimented the agent for what they had done the supervisor who was obviously used to getting the complainers apologised to me. Which was funny.

Quick off topic tip though. If you do take the time to speak to a supervisor and mention great service you will be remembered.

Alex:
I agree that different distros maybe better for some and not others, but what I find unfair is the criticism of this forum. I have only been here a short while and have asked just about every dumb question. Each was answered almost immediately and very helpfully and each problem was solved.

But Valtam is right...it's just a mosquito's bite, best ignore it - scratching it will only make it worse

:)

ohjrson:
I can completely relate to this issue of the 1 user not liking LL 2.0.
I too at one time did not want anything to do with Linux.

I had a friend who had bought what he thought was a game, something called Linux and it had advertised that there were lots of cool games etc.... So he ran the CD and did the install. When he rebooted of course all of his previous information was gone and he only had the Linux system running on his computer.  I thought wow that is BS, what a rip off. What I did not know and what he probably did not pay attention to, was that he was using a live CD and installed the OS Linux to his computer (without paying attention to all the warnings i'm sure.) and wiped his hard drive.

This of course discouraged at least three competent individuals from trying Linux anything for 10 years. Then 1 day another friend of mine mentioned it to me when I wanted another OS other than windows. Of Course I objected at first but he persuaded me to check out PCLinuxOS.

I checked them out and I had enjoyed PCLinuxOS until Valtam brought out Linux Lite. I have been using LL ever since and have not been disappointed.

I now recommend it to everyone that is tech savvy, and/or wants to get away from Bill Gates and Windows. I have two converts that are officially trying it on laptops, and seem to enjoy it.

So I agree, leave the bad apple alone, eventually it will grow enough to realize what it needs to realize.  And that is: Windows is not the only Operating System out there.

Stuart_Tanner:

--- Quote from: Valtam on July 30, 2014, 10:57:14 AM ---I understand mate, it's best not to get entangled in that sorta thing, it's one voice amongst 1000's of otherwise happy LL folk. All we need to do is focus on the good we are doing. Every product or service whether it has a price or not is subject to attack once it goes public, it is the nature of things :)

--- End quote ---

I personally agree with Valtam, Just ignore it you can please all the crowd all the time!

Scott:
Here's a joke that gets to the point:

Q: Why do people complain (in retail)?

A: Because they can.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version