You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

System will no longer wake from sleep

Author (Read 5224 times)

Re: System will no longer wake from sleep
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 12:28:44 PM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

• Kernel: 5.x
There are some posts in regard to Sleep/Hibernate etc..

Here is one with my laptop settings..
https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/start-up-and-shutdown/reboots-on-wake-from-suspend/msg30094/#msg30094

I have LL on a laptop and a desktop..
The laptop, I favor hibernate - although I have to press the power button wake..
The desktop, uses suspend - which I notice I have to hit enter and move mouse in order to wake..

Maybe this info will help point you in the direction to look should another come along??

*UPDATE*
Also I noticed a similar was recently asked as well:
https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/on-topic/hibernate-no-longer-working/msg31854/#msg31854
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

Re: System will no longer wake from sleep
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 11:51:46 AM »

Spyderveloce

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Sorry... I see that this should be in a different section.  Mods, please feel free to close this or move it to another section.

System will no longer wake from sleep
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 08:47:20 AM »

Spyderveloce

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

I've been running Linux Lite 3.4 for a few months now and it seemed like the dream OS for me.  I'm running on a 10y/o Gateway 64bit desktop machine with an added newer HDMI video card and 4GB of system RAM (I can't get the specs of the computer or video card right now).  This configuration has worked beautifully for the last few months (and many more on other Linux distros), but I recently did updates and suddenly my system will go to sleep (and I assume it's sleeping) and will not wake up.  Using the keyboard or mouse, I just get a black screen with the other indicator lights on the front of the machine blinking away like it's still up and running.  Usually I could use Plex, Team Viewer or RealVNC to connect to it after it had gone to sleep but now I can't connect after it sleeps.  As a test this morning, I disabled sleep altogether so the system would just stay awake all day while I went to work. Unfortunately, I forgot to restart after changing the settings, however; when I got to work an hour later I was able to remote in via RealVNC and do plenty of stuff.  I let it sit for roughly 10 minutes while I did other stuff for work and when I went back to it, the screen was unresponsive.  I disconnected and tried reconnecting and it would not work.  I have to assume it's simply locked up again since I can't connect to Plex or via Team Viewer either.  On reboot I now get a few notices that the system experienced some error.  I've been running Linux distros for a few years now, some great, others not so great.  Linux Lite seems to be one of those great ones for me because it (used to) run so well on my older hardware.  I'm not an advanced Linux user, but I'm not new to the whole thing either.  I don't know of anything that has changed in my system since I don't tend to install much or make many system changes beyond my initial setup.  The machine is mostly used as a Plex/Print server and general web browsing.  The only thing I recall doing was running the updates recently. 

Suggestions are welcome and I'll try to answer anything I can.

I think I'll try uninstalling Team Viewer.  It was generating one of the errors on restarting the machine.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section