General > On Topic

Suggestion needed on VNC Server issue

(1/2) > >>

gra_ulv:
I'll try both. The stuff for Vino you posted makes me think I can just run the preferences one and set the preferences. Then add the vino-server to the session startup and be done with it.

I will post after trying them and let everyone know.

Scott:
You're welcom gra_ulv. If the x11vnc solution works try to pop back in the forum and let us all know how you did it!

Scott:
I had some success with vino-server but it's not pretty.

The command vino-preferences in a terminal will open a desktop sharing preferences window
The command /usr/lib/vino/vino-server in a terminal will start the server

I ran the server in LL 2.0/64 in virtualbox and was able to connect to it using Remmina on the host machine (LL 108/64).

gra_ulv:
I think I have my solution. I'll test it when I get to work Monday.

I'm going to use x11vnc and have it start the vnc server automatically before the login screen. As shown here with a password file.

http://robot.wpi.edu/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_an_XUbuntu_VNC_Server#Install_the_server.

Scott thank you for your responses. They are appreciated. I'll post how it goes.

Scott:
Vino is in Synaptic as an Ubuntu supported package so my guess is that it would work. Have no way to test it or I would. Hopefully someone else will add to this thread that has personal Linux Lite VNC server experience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version