You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Special thank you to recent Donors

Author (Read 5638 times)

Re: Special thank you to recent Donors
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 10:11:37 AM »

pedrito

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel x64 core i5-3427U [email protected] Ghz (laptop)

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel i915 - 256MB
Hi Jerry. You are welcome :-)

For the community
: I had a conversation with Jerry a few days ago and he explained me how passionate he is and how hard it is to manage a distro.
And I would like to explain the community why I wanted to support your work following this conversation.

Jerry provides a good system for every day use and it is getting better and better.
His strategy and development goals are limpid, simple et meaningful.
His changes / additions to the Ubuntu base are light, useful, and do not alterate the unbuntu spirit while making it more accessible to newcomers.
He listens to his community and is reactive to their remarks.
I would add that the next decade will be very interesting as we are going to witness the erosion of the Microsoft monopoly over desktop/devices systems:
Android and GNU systems will spread more broadly than ever. So this IS the adequate timing to support this kind of projects because good distros can be gamechangers in the next 10 years.

Well for all these reasons I think that LL lovers and enthusiasts should consider donate even a few bucks:
This is not just a way to reward him for the work he does but also a smart way to be sure that we continue to benefit from this work for years.
This also can give him options to hire people or access services, and help him to to provide the community an even better system.
My philosophy is that good things are rare and should be encouraged, and that it is always better to particiapte than spectate.
In 2020, the system or software that we use/support is not anymore only a geek choice. It also tells a lot about the world we want.

Special thank you to recent Donors
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 08:50:39 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
I want to take this opportunity to send recognize a couple of extremely generous Donors lately.

@pedrito and @az2020 have each donated astounding amounts to our project. One was in NZD, the other in Bitcoin. For both of these to come in so close together at this time, is extremely helpful.

The timing for me is perfect as I've just recently had to purchase a bulk lot of Lightscribe DVD's for our shop, postage bags and USB drives.

I also would like to recognize all past and present Donors. Without your generosity, I would have a lot of the things I currently have like a UEFI laptop that help improve the quality and appeal of Linux Lite.

To view the latest big Gold Donors, see - https://www.linuxliteos.com/donate_people.html

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section