You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Premium Release Club

Author (Read 13653 times)

Re: Premium Release Club
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 10:41:04 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Expanding the Shop is on the to-do list, but lower down on priorities as software and function continue to dominate our focus. There are some very good ideas and suggestions here, excellent :)

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 06:12:19 PM »

anon222

• Muted
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Pentium E5700 3GHz

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: GeForce GT 430
Haha ok. :)
I think the focus needs to be more non-office type stuff.  LL is more for the "every man" as opposed to the hard core computer jockey.  (Not that it isn't embraced by the latter nor worthy of them.)
Thank you for pointing this out. I like the way you are thinking.
Linux Lite is meant for every one. Not just "hard core computer jockey". Funny expression. :)

The main focus should still remain on getting LL. DVD's, Flash drives...

Maybe we could change the shop interface in the future.
Because a member/supporter has to scroll all the way down to see what's there.
If the items are categorized on one page,  with icons representing item categories, it would give a better insight in what's all there.
Also the item photo could go to the left side and the description and buttons to the right side. It would save some space.
Photo here                                                Description here
                                                     Product: Linux Lite Square Sticker

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 05:13:12 PM »

Monkeyman

• Forum Regular
  • Jesus Freak
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Phenom II (old skool!)

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: GeForce 450

Well, mugs can be used for tea, milk, juice, coca-cola, beer and water too. :)
It's just a liquid container.
I like your idea on the water bottle. It's cheap and durable. Not sure about shiping. In US especially. I think when a water bottle from a foreign country shows up they would call bomb squads to open the bottle and test their content. That event would probably be covered by a media crew lurking near by: "Linux Lite terrorists have shipped a suspicious water botle. Rumors say Microsoft might be their target this time." :) At the end everyone would be so surprised when they realize it was just H2O: "Phew, we dodged the bullet this time." :D

You wouldn't ship it with water in it! :)

There are a lot of instances where a water bottle (filled with whatever liquid you choose) would be preferable over a ceramic mug.  Exercising, in the car, on a motorcycle, at work (anything other than an office environment).  I can bring a water bottle (plastic or metal) into work.  I can NOT bring in anything glass or ceramic (I work in a prison but it would likely be the same in a warehouse or factory setting).

I don't "geek out" my computer(s) so case stickers wouldn't do me any good.  I refuse to adorn any of my vehicles with bumper stickers, either.  The t shirt idea is a great one.  I think the focus needs to be more non-office type stuff.  LL is more for the "every man" as opposed to the hard core computer jockey.  (Not that it isn't embraced by the latter nor worthy of them.)

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 12:10:27 PM »

anon222

• Muted
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Love the pen :) Some great ideas there misko, in the future we'll definitely expand the Shop. I'm currently in correspondence with a supporter in the US who is arranging some t-shirts for us. I do like the idea of a LL Calendar.
Got the pen from a cousin. He was working there last year. :)
I do like the idea of a LL Calendar.

Yeah just hire some bikini models for the calendar and it will really sell.  ;D
lol :)
It's not all about money. We have to think about LL reputation.
It will always be free!

Quote from: Jerry
The Premium Release Club rewards previous supporters by offering Linux Lite merchandise at discounted prices.

So people who have bought from the Shop or who have Donated. This is a thank you to them, whilst also trying to support the growth of the OS.

I donated so I'm good there but was just curious about discounts on something free.  After looking at the shop a bit more, I see that there would be discounts on LL CDs, thumb drives, etc.

As far as LL merchandise, how about a LL water bottle?  Much more durable than a ceramic coffee mug (and not everybody drinks coffee) so the shipping would be easier (and cheaper).
Well, mugs can be used for tea, milk, juice, coca-cola, beer and water too. :)
It's just a liquid container.
I like your idea on the water bottle. It's cheap and durable. Not sure about shiping. In US especially. I think when a water bottle from a foreign country shows up they would call bomb squads to open the bottle and test their content. That event would probably be covered by a media crew lurking near by: "Linux Lite terrorists have shipped a suspicious water botle. Rumors say Microsoft might be their target this time." :) At the end everyone would be so surprised when they realize it was just H2O: "Phew, we dodged the bullet this time." :D

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 07:09:31 AM »

Monkeyman

• Forum Regular
  • Jesus Freak
    • View Profile

It will always be free!

The Premium Release Club rewards previous supporters by offering Linux Lite merchandise at discounted prices.

So people who have bought from the Shop or who have Donated. This is a thank you to them, whilst also trying to support the growth of the OS.

I donated so I'm good there but was just curious about discounts on something free.  After looking at the shop a bit more, I see that there would be discounts on LL CDs, thumb drives, etc.

As far as LL merchandise, how about a LL water bottle?  Much more durable than a ceramic coffee mug (and not everybody drinks coffee) so the shipping would be easier (and cheaper).

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 08:55:18 PM »

Shady

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core Duo T2300

• MEMORY: 1Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS
I do like the idea of a LL Calendar.

Yeah just hire some bikini models for the calendar and it will really sell.  ;D

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 08:34:09 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

Love the pen :) Some great ideas there misko, in the future we'll definitely expand the Shop. I'm currently in correspondence with a supporter in the US who is arranging some t-shirts for us. I do like the idea of a LL Calendar.

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 04:57:31 PM »

anon222

• Muted
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

If anyone buys 3 DVD's, will he get a coupon for a 20% discount when buying the fourth DVD?
It's like a reward for the members who continue to support the distro, right.

I have a few a few ideas for the shop.
What do you think Jerry about calendars?
Lets say a Linux Lite calendar for 2016 that you can put on your wall.
Or maybe a LL calendar pack with 3 calendars: a wall calendar, calendar for the table and a small pocket calendar.
It's also a form of advertising, and usefull at the same time.
Next, Linux Lite pencils, lighters, key straps, keychains. People carry them everywhere.

Cups are a good idea. Coffee, tea and linux lite. The only thing is they are fragile so the packaging would have to be appropriate.
Magnets that you put on a fridge. Like a LL stcker or something just for the fridge. :)

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 09:50:33 AM »

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 M 330

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Integrated Graphics
 8) Nice touch!

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 08:18:45 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

It will always be free!

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 08:11:08 AM »

Monkeyman

• Forum Regular
  • Jesus Freak
    • View Profile

For Linux Lite 2.4, members will get 20% off 6 different offers.  Members get an email 4 days prior to release with the guarantee to be the first to order the latest Linux Lite.

So, LL will no longer be free?  I have no problem donating to the cause but one of the staples of LL has been it's cost (or lack thereof).

"Linux Lite...simple, fast, free"......or did I misunderstand?

Premium Release Club
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 04:40:05 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

In recognition of peoples support for Linux Lite, we have launched the Premium Release Club.

The Premium Release Club rewards previous supporters by offering Linux Lite merchandise at discounted prices. For Linux Lite 2.4, members will get 20% off 6 different offers. Membership to the Premium Release Club is automatic when you buy anything from the Linux Lite Shop. Members get an email 4 days prior to release with the guarantee to be the first to order the latest Linux Lite. For buyers of the DVD, there is a special inscription "Premium Release Club" on the DVD.

There is a members only Coupon Code that will be sent out via an HTML Newsletter, this is how members will secure their discount.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section