You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Possible to update BIOS in LL3.6?

Author (Read 2550 times)

Re: Possible to update BIOS in LL3.6?
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 05:37:27 PM »

TheDead

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Worshipper
    • View Profile
    • My OpenDesktop Projects

• CPU: HAL9000

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Quantum State VR v.3

• Kernel: 4.x
If you BIOS does not have an 'update from USB' or the manufacturer does not have a linux bios updater,
I would leave it as is.

If you absolutely MUST update because your the life of a kitten is in peril...
Apart from reinstalling Windows on same or another temporary HDD, I would check out Hasleo WinToUSB to make a Windows
USB key that boots... but this would be playing with fire IMHO. (i.e. Wrong flash = dead machine).

Cheers!
- TheDead (TheUxNo0b)

If my blabbering was helpful, please click my [Thank] link.

Re: Possible to update BIOS in LL3.6?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 02:51:41 PM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
It's possible but more difficult if you have no Dell utilities partition or Windows OS still onboard. You are already at AO8 and as far as I know updates only include a few obscure pci card configuration additions. If your box is native, that is has had nothing added to the original hardware, BIOS update in your case is probably unnecessary. Is there some reason you want to update? The newest available update is from 6 years ago.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Possible to update BIOS in LL3.6?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 02:36:31 PM »

Acdane

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dell XPS M1210

• MEMORY: 2Gb
Hi all, I am trying to figure out how to update my bios in my Dell XPS 1210. I am surprised there is no automatic program that I can find that does this. Is there one I'm missing. I am a neophyte?

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section