You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

My Favorite Linux Distributions For 2022

Author (Read 4289 times)

Re: My Favorite Linux Distributions For 2022
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2022, 11:16:20 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Wow, I can't believe I spelled fluorite wrong. I never use spell check when writing html because it's annoying for several reasons, but maybe now that I'm in my dotage I should. Fixed now. Sorry about that all.
TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Re: My Favorite Linux Distributions For 2022
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 11:02:14 AM »

vint

• Lignarius Faber
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Novice
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel celeron 900 @ 2.20 GHz

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: mesa DRI Mobile Intel GM45 Express Chipset

Howdy Trinidad,
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,

I read your article and I would like to say as a fairly newcomer to Linux I think your words describe the crux of Linux Lite to a tee.  I spent almost 2 years reading forums, articles and anything I could find on Linux distros before trying Linux Lite 5.6 OS on a live USB. People like you convinced me that LL was the best Linux OS to try with an older machine and beginners ditching MS, Linux Mint was not a good fit for me and my laptop.  Thanks for all of the wisdom and help over the past year and I look forward to 2023.

Best regards,
Vint,
God Bless Texas

My Favorite Linux Distributions For 2022
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 08:13:37 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

Contrary to Jesse Smith at distrowatch I think Linux Mint (Cinnamon) has changed very little in 2022. So I decided to do my own picks. They apply specifically to 2022.
https://www.dbts-analytics.com/favdstr22.html
TC

All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section