General > On Topic

MS Edge browser on LL 5

<< < (8/8)

Moltke:

--- Quote ---It does have the nifty family safety feature for tracking your kids web browsing. Give it a star for that one.
--- End quote ---
Chrome does this too. Did you read this:

--- Quote ---2. MICROSOFT EDGE FOR NON-WINDOWS DEVICES
IF YOU LIVE IN (OR, IF YOU ARE A COMPANY WHOSE PRINCIPAL PLACE OF BUSINESS IS IN) THE UNITED STATES, READ THE "BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER" CLAUSE IN SECTION 2.14 BELOW. AFFECTS THE RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES.
--- End quote ---

Has some very "interesting" stuff

--- Quote ---2.3. Previews. Microsoft may make available preview, insider, beta or other preview versions of the Software ("Previews"). You may use the Previews only until the expiration date of the Software (if any) and provided that you comply with all applicable license terms. Previews are experimental, which means they may not work properly and may be substantially different from the version released commercially. In some cases, Previews may inadvertently damage your device and render it unusable, or cause occasional crashes, data loss, or cause applications to stop working or be deleted. To recover, you may need to reinstall the applications, the operating system, or you may need to turn your device back on. In some cases, you may not be able to return to the previous version of the Software. Previews may contain more errors or inaccuracies, so you should back up your device before installing any Previews.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---2.7. Data collection. The Software may collect information about you and your use of the Software and send such information to Microsoft. By entering into this agreement and using the Software, you agree that Microsoft may collect, use and disclose the information as described in Microsoft's Privacy Statement available at https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=521839, and as may be described in the user interface associated with the features of the Software.

--- End quote ---

You may say "it's only for the preview" but you know that's not true; they'll keep on doing it! So ... I don't know but I don't feel like trying/using this now or in any forseeable future, I rather use chrome since we're already "googled" anyway and don't see any reason to be "MSed" too. I use chromium and am really used to it; custom search engines, lots of them and as far as I've tried no other browser offers the same, at least not in the same/easy way chromium does.   

Jerry:
I was going to sneak it into Lite Software with a disclaimer (dev quality) but will wait until there's a version that is fully usable.

trinidad:
Amazingly gdebi listed all dependencies as satisfied for the new MS Edge browser for Linux. I've begun testing it now, and so far so good though I've never been a Chromium fan some of the old glitches seem to have been cleaned up other than the annoying keyring stuff. And yipee darn skipee I can purchase the source code for $5 American. It does have the nifty family safety feature for tracking your kids web browsing. Give it a star for that one. Also predictably it has the Chromecast extension available. The settings and tools are adequate and with a big screen the dev tools are okay too. Not too bad for a first round I guess.

TC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version