You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Relinux?

Author (Read 10643 times)

Re: Relinux?
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 09:31:40 PM »

N4RPS

• Donator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Knows JUST ENOUGH Linux to be DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
    • Orphans for Christ, Self Advocates of Mecklenburg

• CPU: Several Different 32-bit & 64-bit CPUs, 2-8 GB RAM

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Several Different AMD and Intel GPUs
Hello!

There are some other options in addition to Relinux out there. A search engine query will give you some ideas about how to go forward.

I am researching this myself, but haven't had enough free time available to try all the options to see which one works best, or even which one works. Of course, when I find a good solution, I'll share it here...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 07:22:00 AM »

NGIB

No joy so it must still be a work in progress.  I have created 2 ISOs and they appeared to build correctly but neither will boot.  They get maybe halfway through the boot process and then the screen goes blank and it sits.  Have to hit the power button and then the normal shutdown process happens.  To bad as I had high hopes for this and a remaster capability is a must have for me...

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 09:53:14 AM »

NGIB

It's an incredibly valuable tool and is absent from most distros.  Being able to have a ready to go reinstall sitting on a USB drive is the ultimate safety net.  Also, if you have multiple computers, install and tweak once and make an ISO of your setup system...

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 09:21:00 AM »

N4RPS

• Donator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Knows JUST ENOUGH Linux to be DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
    • Orphans for Christ, Self Advocates of Mecklenburg

• CPU: Several Different 32-bit & 64-bit CPUs, 2-8 GB RAM

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Several Different AMD and Intel GPUs
Hello!

Thank for pointing out this 'Relinux' to me. I'll DEFINITELY be using THIS! It's well worth a reputation point...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 07:14:54 AM »

NGIB

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll be testing 2.0 beta this weekend on my generic testing laptop.  Core I-5, Intel graphics, very generic and plays well with most distros...

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 07:12:07 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
You just need the /usr/bin/relinux file out of this package - https://launchpad.net/relinux/0.3/0.3a3/+download/relinux-0.3a3.tar.gz

Relinux?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 05:54:40 AM »

NGIB

Was looking around the 2.0 beta I created on a USB drive this AM and noticed the relinux package sitting in /ETC - is this a functional capability?  Having a way to remaster an installed system to dump on a USB drive is very important to me as I take care of a lot of computers in the family.  Being able to setup the OS with the programs I use and then remaster it for installation on the other machines in the family is a huge timesaver.  Not many distros provide this capability out of the box so I hope LL is one of them...

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section