General > On Topic

Linux Lite - Pay What You Can

<< < (5/5)

kissbaby3:
 8) this is a great idea, i hope this works out, so does this mean that Linux lite donations are not enough ?, i wonder what the monthly/yearly donations are ?, just wondering because this Covid virus is hitting everyone hard financially ....... sorry if i sound nosey or rude, i dont mean too, i am on my 2nd cup of coffee and no food yet.

will a prepaid visa card work  to donate ?, i just want to be extra careful , i already had to freeze my credit and get credit protection for one year, due to the unemployment hack , now T-mobile got hacked for the 5th time in 4 years.

thank you for everything, my desktop pc thanks you too.......

Jerry:
This is a road I'd never thought I'd go down, but we have no choice. Either we stagnate and accept the big G's ever changing algorithms, or we boldly go where others have dared.

I'm talking about the 'Pay What You Can' digital download model that has worked, and is working on other projects.

3rd, and most important line in this thread...Linux Lite will always be free.

I've looked at revenue projections from other Media partners based on our unique and impression stats and they don't even come close to what Google offers so that unfortunately, is not an option.

This system is Live now and is on trial for an unspecified time. If it works, we'll leave it running, if it doesn't work, it will be axed.

Wherever you see this...

and you think...OMG, I have to pay for Linux Lite now....NO you do not. Simply input 0 into the Custom box or click the $0 amount and then you will get a Download link. End of heart attack.

So why the big scary change?

For a while now, it seems we've reached a peak point in earnings. The 'bar' has not moved for nearly a year now. That's long enough for one to react and seek out alternative means of income to get us to the ultimate goal...where I can quit my full time day job and work exclusively on Linux Lite. Imagine that, 8hrs a day dedicated purely to Linux Lite (oh I wish!).

Microsoft Windows 10 as of today will cost you $139 for Home and $199 for Pro from the MS website (19/08/21)

So what do you get for your hard earned $139?

So what are they boasting that you get...

# Fast start up - linux has that covered
# Windows Mixed Reality - I don't know anyone that uses this
# My People - I don't know anyone that uses this
# Windows Ink - I don't know anyone that uses this
# 4K gaming - linux has that covered
# Paint 3D - lol, that is all
# A reimagined Photos app - linux has that covered
# Microsoft Edge - linux has that covered, thanks Satya :)

What else are they promoting on the reasons to Buy Windows page...

Safer and more secure - only when the power is off and Wake on Lan is disabled (but then there's physical access).
More creative, more productive - Gimp, Darktable, Inkscape and more productive? Thousands of programmers who use their favorite IDE would strongly disagree.
Powerful, modern devices - 11th Gen Intel CPU? Latest nVidia GPU, linux has that covered.

Conclusion

Pay nothing or even 50c for Linux Lite and get arguably a more secure, more productive and able to work on modern machines OS solution, or pay $139 to MS for a less secure operating system that you can't make copies of and share with others.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version