General > On Topic

Linux Lite 1.0.8 Important Update

(1/2) > >>

P.H.:
Already did that Valtam.

Giving 2.0 another go.

Jerry:
Try re-installing the drivers via Menu, Settings, Install Drivers.

P.H.:

--- Quote from: Valtam on July 25, 2014, 03:29:33 AM ---

Open a terminal and do:

--- Code: ---sudo apt-get install bzr -y
cd ~
bzr co --lightweight  lp:~mvo/update-manager/hwe-support-status
cd hwe-support-status
./hwe-support-status --verbose
--- End code ---

This tool will check your system and report back with the advised update procedure. For example, you may get a message that says the following:

--- Code: ---To upgrade to a supported (or longer supported) configuration:

* Upgrade from Ubuntu 12.04 LTS to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS by running:
sudo do-release-upgrade

OR

* Install a newer HWE version by running:
sudo apt-get install linux-generic-lts-trusty linux-image-generic-lts-trusty

and reboot your system.
--- End code ---

I would recommend the second option of doing: sudo apt-get install linux-generic-lts-trusty linux-image-generic-lts-trusty as I have no idea how the command of sudo do-release-upgrade will effect each persons system. More information can be found here - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/1204_HWE_EOL

To be perfectly honest, a more risk-free and smarter option would be to back up all your data first and install a fresh copy of Linux Lite 2.0

--- End quote ---

Valtam, I copy and pasted these commands in my lx terminal and once again the nVidia drivers are disabled after upgrade. I ran the "sudo apt-install-trusty.." option, rebooted, and drivers were disabled.

I'm still booting into the 3.2.0-67 pae, the 3.8.0-44 pae, or XP if I have to, until I once and for all find my stable linux distro Im happy with.

What are the correct instructions and commands to configure the proper drivers for the upgrade and why is there not a highlighted thread for this issue? If there is can you please direct me to it? There are many other users this is happening to and not just on this forum.

I will most likely take another stab at installing 2.0 again. The first time I did the Firefox browser was crashing the machine, so was XBMC. Reinstalling systems is getting ridiculous!

Thanks for your time and keep the good work!

Jerry:

--- Quote from: tek10 on August 06, 2014, 10:28:57 PM ---Thanks Valtam.

This gave me the little push I needed to back up my data and just do a fresh install of LL 2.0. Working great and glad I took the plunge.

--- End quote ---

Great to hear tek10, nothing like a fresh install :)

tek10:
Thanks Valtam.

This gave me the little push I needed to back up my data and just do a fresh install of LL 2.0. Working great and glad I took the plunge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version