You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Kudos Devs

Author (Read 5663 times)

Re: Kudos Devs
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 08:44:07 AM »

TheDead

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Worshipper
    • View Profile
    • My OpenDesktop Projects

• CPU: HAL9000

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Quantum State VR v.3

• Kernel: 4.x
Wow... reading that article almost makes you want to send a basket of flowers or something to the poor Linux Mint chaps... O.o
At the same time, it makes you appreciate even more what the Linux Lite team is doing.

Thanks @firenice03 and an official and sincere "Thank you!" to @Jerry and the team!
- TheDead (TheUxNo0b)

If my blabbering was helpful, please click my [Thank] link.

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 02:28:39 PM »

elelme

• Forum Regular
  • Deleted
    • View Profile

• Kernel: 5.x
Yes, Jerry and all the elves.
Thank you.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 05:47:23 PM »

v-grimalkin

• Borderline Technophobe
  • New to Forums
  • Happy 4.4 User
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Atom N570

• MEMORY: 1Gb
I really appreciate Linux Lite 4.4 and the folks who have made it possible.  Since I have an elderly pc notebook, my only option at Rosa's end of support (Mint Cinnamon 17.3) was to buy an over-priced Apple, since I've vowed to never purchase another Microsoft product.  However, I read with hope the possibility of a LL branded laptop in our future, which would be very appealing.

Thanks again to Jerry and all his elves. Also, this forum is excellent.

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 10:56:01 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

I've been at this since 2012. Others have graciously helped along the way. I've always believed in the simplest approach to creating things. Whether I'm working on a complex puzzle, building a model from scratch or developing this OS, the principle remains the same. We're almost there. I'm now at a point where I think the OS in terms of features and tools is mostly complete. It's hard to put into words, but I know I'll just wake up one day and look at the OS and say, 'we've done it'. We have a complete, simple to use OS. Working full time elsewhere stifles growth on LL, and I hate that. When creativity is jailed, it is unnatural. But we will persevere, keep giving quality support, polish the OS further and continue to build our friendly community. We will remain simple, fast and free...

"Our technological abilities are not apparent because we have chosen not to employ them in our daily lives. We believe that when you create a machine to do the work of a man, you take something away from the man."

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 05:47:52 PM »

Artim

• Always Learning
  • PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Lieutenant Commander, Confederate Space Force
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Technophobe

• CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller

Developers -- and by extension people who create anything for public consumption -- are fueled and influenced by both their fans and their detractors. In a nutshell, there's one simple thing you can do to bolster the morale of not just the Linux Mint team but any Linux project you're passionate about: be nice. Offer constructive feedback, not angry criticism. Remember that these folks are pouring all of their energy into a free product, and remember that they're sensitive to how you perceive it.
Beyond that, keep in mind that while donations keep Linux Mint and other distributions afloat, the occasional message of appreciation can be encouraging, and at times personally invaluable.
I'm sure this holds true for the Linux Lite team as well.  Not just Jerry, but others who work quietly behind the scenes, testers, coders, translators, packagers and maintainers, people who run servers for repositories and torrents, etc.  I have two distros that I support in both forums when I can, and regular donations.  Both are awesome, thoughtfully put together distros that serve different "niches" that matter a lot to me.  I'm also a kinda sorta "cheerleader" of sorts for both distros, which perhaps matters even more than money and helping in the Forums on those rare occasions when I think I might know how to help a newbie.  I also brag a lot on the Diaspora social network about what a wonderful difference my favorite distros have made for me.

Disable your ad-blocker for this site (ads help the project financially), torrent for a few hours once or twice a week overnight, test the new RCs and stuff like that.  But more than that, say thank you, say what Linux Lite means to you, share it with family and friends.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 09:27:05 AM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
A kudos to Jerry and team for a great product..

I agree kudos to Jerry and the team for a great product.

Kudos Devs
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 08:57:36 AM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

Came across this... Not directly related to LL but worthy of a read.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2019/04/08/linux-mint-sobering-update-developer-struggles-community/#689a12912c13

A kudos to Jerry and team for a great product..
And a lil something something to the community, a friendly focused group of folks...

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 09:02:03 AM by firenice03 »
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section