You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Why does the archive manager do this?

Author (Read 3065 times)

Re: Why does the archive manager do this?
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 01:25:09 PM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Not sure why that is. Perhaps archive manager .deb version numbers or downloaded .deb file version numbers are older.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 12:09:49 PM »

Tyrannocaster

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: e5300

• MEMORY: 6Gb

Yes, that works; thanks. But isn't it a bit odd to be asked if you want to see the unzipped files and then be taken to a system upgrade? Just seems like something that should have been fixed.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 11:59:22 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

Just right click on the.zip file and select extract and choose a folder to extract it to, or extract it in downloads (here) option. You don't have to open the archive manager first.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Why does the archive manager do this?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 10:30:42 AM »

Tyrannocaster

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: e5300

• MEMORY: 6Gb

If I download a zip (or rar) file and then double click it, the archive manager opens it and extracts it. Then it opens a window that says something like "Show the files" which I either have to accept or cancel. If I click okay, then I get this: "Linux Lite will now fetch the updates list. Click Cancel to exit now or Continue to proceed." If I click Continue, this is what happens: The Update Manager opens and it tries to update my software. So I either update my OS or I have to just close the Archive Manager. Why doesn't it do what it says it will, ie, open the folder with the unzipped files in it?

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section