General > On Topic

Error setting permissions function not implemented

<< < (2/3) > >>

gold_finger:

--- Quote from: DJ Butelo on July 04, 2014, 03:15:49 PM ---Hi! tried to update my computer, and i get this message:

E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.spotify.com_dists_stable_non-free_i18n_Translation-en%5fUS
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

Synaptic closes after a few seconds. have any advice on how i can fix this?

--- End quote ---

Have a look at second post down on this thread for solution:  http://askubuntu.com/questions/491373/14-04-trying-to-install-google-talkplugin-error.

If you are not sure how to implement first part of that solution, open a Terminal and enter these two commands (one line at a time):

--- Code: ---cd /etc/apt
ls
--- End code ---

Then copy/paste the output from terminal back here for us to look at.  (See here for how to do that.)

So you know what commands do:
*  first line changes directory (cd) to /etc/apt
*  second line just lists (ls) the things in that directory

P.s.  For future reference, it's always best to start a new post of your own rather than adding to someone else's -- especially when the problems are different.  Your post will get looked at by more people when it's on its own and the post of the other person will not get sidetracked onto someone else's problem.

DJ Butelo:
Hi! tried to update my computer, and i get this message:

E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/repository.spotify.com_dists_stable_non-free_i18n_Translation-en%5fUS
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

Synaptic closes after a few seconds. have any advice on how i can fix this?

T1125P:
Hi thank you gold_finger, what I will do is what you suggested. I will take a picture and attach it here the next time that error pops up when I'm copying files. I will try it tonight and post my results here.

gold_finger:

--- Quote from: T1125P on June 30, 2014, 03:09:13 PM ---Hi all, I keep getting this message "error setting permissions function not implemented" every time I copy files from my harddrive to my USB stick. It is formated using the exFAT filesystem. It works fine in Linux the file copies but that message always pops up I click yes to all then resumes the copy. Is there a way to fix that? If I remember, in Lite v1.0.6 exFAT worked without that error message.
--- End quote ---

I don't have an answer yet on this because I'm not entirely sure what's going on.  Would like to try testing something similar to whatever you are doing to see if I can reproduce the error and try figuring out what's going wrong.

Can you go into more detail on when this message pops up.  How are you doing the copying operation?  Just copy/paste with your mouse?  Or are you using some GUI program or terminal command?  Also, what types of files are you having problems copying?  Are they files from your home directory or are they system files?  Does it happen on every type of copy operation to the USB, or only when copying certain files?

P.s.
If you think a screenshot will help explain things better, go ahead and post that for us to see.

T1125P:
Hi thank you. I went ahead and added that example to my context menu, that should come in handy as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version