You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Conky manager does not work on LL 4.0

Author (Read 3066 times)

Re: Conky manager does not work on LL 4.0
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 08:47:38 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
To me conky-manager is like bloatware for conky given that conky is so minutely configurable and can display just about anything anyway. Not a fan and it is definitely not needed in Linux Lite and I don't ever contribute comments on its usage other than to say I don't use it and never would. Far better and more satisfying to learn how to manage and configure your own conkyrc file.

TC 
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 10:23:44 PM »

Wayne Deeley

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Hi, I find that this works in 18.04 and Linux Lite

wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/teejee2008/conky-manager/releases/download/v2.4/conky-manager-v2.4-amd64.run
chmod +x conky-manager-v2.4-amd64.run
sudo ./conky-manager-v2.4-amd64.run

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 03:58:23 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Conky is a means to an end in Linux Lite. It allows us to create a widget that proves to be useful. Just because we include the conky package, doesn't automatically translate to everything related to conky has to just work. You have to remember that our target audience are Windows users, they wouldn't know what 'conky' is, let alone it's associated software.

Conky manager does not work on LL 4.0
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 03:36:01 AM »

Johan

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Radeon HD 5750
I noticed that Conky was included in LL 4.0. I like that, because I love Conky. Unfortunately Conky Manager does not work on Ubuntu 18.04 and neither does it on LL 4.0. So what is the use of including Conky if the Conky Manager does not work? It could have been known at the time of release of LL 4.0.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section