You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

CPU temp applet for the XFCE panel.

Author (Read 32677 times)

Re: CPU temp applet for the XFCE panel.
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 01:06:22 PM »

TheDead

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Worshipper
    • View Profile
    • My OpenDesktop Projects

• CPU: HAL9000

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Quantum State VR v.3

• Kernel: 4.x
Hello!
Do sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get-instell xfce4-sensors-plugin
Then, go in the preference of the bottom panel, go into elements (sorry Im in French... so something like "element" ;) )
Add the "Sensor" plug-in
Tada!
There is also a few option for the display after install, etc.

Cheers!
- TheDead (TheUxNo0b)

If my blabbering was helpful, please click my [Thank] link.

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2017, 05:34:04 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

• Kernel: 5.x
I wonder if Xfce-goodies has a temperature monitor.  Menu ->System ->Install/Remove Software (Synaptic Package Manager) and install Xfce-goodies.  When it's finished, right-click on your panel, choose Add Items, and you'll find the Xfce-goodies listed.  Perhaps there's a temperature monitor among them!

I've already tried xfce goodies but it didn't work. When finishing installation it showed a conflict with menu whisker so I removed it. Although, I managed to install the sensors plugin alone but it shows on the desktop, and I'd like something that shows the CPU temps in the taskbar so I can check temps values at a glance. Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Hallo

I use gkrellm
Thanks! This might be it. It shows on the desktop but you can configure it to show only the info you want it to, temps in my case, which I did, resized the window as small as possible and for now it fits my needs. I don't know if it's possible to make it show temps in the taskbar, that'd be great! Thanks again! Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Experiment with this. Click show hidden files in Thunar, Find the Lite conky script file, not the lua script. Copy and save a backup. Then try modifying your own conky. Your sensors are already working so you should be able to post temps in conky. You may have to increase the window height. It's 450x350 right now. Try 550.

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1814367

TC
The problem I found with conky is that it shows info on the desktop, and I'd like something that shows it in the taskbar. Thanks for taking the time to answer!
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 11:24:17 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

Experiment with this. Click show hidden files in Thunar, Find the Lite conky script file, not the lua script. Copy and save a backup. Then try modifying your own conky. Your sensors are already working so you should be able to post temps in conky. You may have to increase the window height. It's 450x350 right now. Try 550.

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1814367

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 11:12:20 AM »

FreddyM

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7450 @ 2.13GHz

• VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GT216M [GeForce GT 230M]

Hallo

I use gkrellm

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 05:38:50 AM »

Artim

• Always Learning
  • PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Lieutenant Commander, Confederate Space Force
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Technophobe

• CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller

I wonder if Xfce-goodies has a temperature monitor.  Menu ->System ->Install/Remove Software (Synaptic Package Manager) and install Xfce-goodies.  When it's finished, right-click on your panel, choose Add Items, and you'll find the Xfce-goodies listed.  Perhaps there's a temperature monitor among them!

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 05:30:15 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Research using conky for this. The LL widget is a conky window that you could modify to display temps.

TC
Hi! Thanks for your answer. I'll give a shot and see what I find. I installed multiload applet but it only shows CPU load, no temps  :-\  I'll keep searching, there must be a way to get it done  :D

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 03:27:34 PM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

Research using conky for this. The LL widget is a conky window that you could modify to display temps.

TC
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 03:32:20 PM by trinidad »
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

CPU temp applet for the XFCE panel.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 01:08:10 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a nice life! I'll start from the beginning; I've been having some overheating problems lately and I have to keep an eye on CPU temps behavior the whole time. I used to use sensors command to check on cpu temps, however, I had to open the terminal every time to do that, so I found and installed an applet for the xfce panel, but again, is the same story with the terminal and sensors command. I'd like an utility that shows cpu temps in the panel without the need of opening anything, something like core temp in Windows. Is there such a tool? So far I found nothing that works. I'm on Linux Lite XFCE flavor by the way. I'm not exactly new to Linux but I'm not expert neither. Thanks in advance for your help!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 12:21:01 PM by Moltke »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section