You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

WaterFox browser.....

Author (Read 9335 times)

Re: WaterFox browser.....
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 04:20:06 PM »

MohamedKhaled

• Forum Regular
  • Using Dell Inspiron 6400
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo t7400 2.16GHZ-2.17GHZ

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Mesa DRI Intel 945GM
hi sorry I forgot to already mention that but this post is supposed to be in the offtopic section as that it's not linuxlite related, please categorize your threads before posting
thanks
Just Installed Linux lite??? check this tutorial
Have I Helped? Click [Thanks] button to the right.
Yours,
Mohammed Khaled

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 04:17:56 PM »

MohamedKhaled

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile

hi, I use OPERA its a kickass,
not only that it has the fastest launch, I can also use chrome extensions on it and I can use WhatsApp from it, also its very fast on my mobile would recommend it to anyone

thought about Opera but decided against it. if winders was still my system of choice i would go for it. i avoid anything that is google related if at all possible. thanks for your input though.
yes i try too, but i cannt   :-[ :-[ :-[ nothing out there isnt google or google related , even the android OS itself v ;D ;D
Yours,
Mohammed Khaled

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 02:51:27 PM »

stompy

• PayPal Supporter
  • New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD/ATI
not only that it has the fastest launch, I can also use chrome extensions on it and I can use WhatsApp from it, also its very fast on my mobile would recommend it to anyone

thought about Opera but decided against it. if winders was still my system of choice i would go for it. i avoid anything that is google related if at all possible. thanks for your input though.

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 02:45:29 PM »

stompy

• PayPal Supporter
  • New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

looking for a secondary browser, i found one called Waterfox. the devloper claims to have stripped down FireFox, in escence making it a lite version of FF.

has anyone used or have an opinion of the Waterfox browser? it does run some older extensions that FF57 won't. i've been using it for about a week and like it.

let me know your thoughts and or concerns...........

Never tried Waterfox so can't comment on that. However I use Pale Moon as my main browser which is also based on Firefox but much more configurable. It can also use all the Firefox extensions, plus it has its own repository of extensions that can be found on the web site. It is a excellent browser and to me, better than Firefox itself.

i was looking at PaleMoon, guess i have to go look at it again. thanks.......

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 02:42:06 PM »

stompy

• PayPal Supporter
  • New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

I tested Waterfox out of a normal user by just downloading and unzipping and running out of the folder. It seems faster with alot of stuff being turned off but being lighter it is not. It uses more ram than chromium using 360mb of ram at idle with no flash and just ublock installed. I'm not mocking it as I think it is more secure than the normal firefox but being light it is not. For people with alot of ram it would be fine. I think it would be a very good replacement for firefox if you need it.

thanks for the info. i just installed 8Gb ram from 3Gb....guess that's why it seems faster and lighter.

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 10:44:12 AM »

supergamer

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Phenom 565

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: 550 ti
I tested Waterfox out of a normal user by just downloading and unzipping and running out of the folder. It seems faster with alot of stuff being turned off but being lighter it is not. It uses more ram than chromium using 360mb of ram at idle with no flash and just ublock installed. I'm not mocking it as I think it is more secure than the normal firefox but being light it is not. For people with alot of ram it would be fine. I think it would be a very good replacement for firefox if you need it.

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 07:16:43 AM »

ptyerman

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Core i7 920

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Radeon RX580
looking for a secondary browser, i found one called Waterfox. the devloper claims to have stripped down FireFox, in escence making it a lite version of FF.

has anyone used or have an opinion of the Waterfox browser? it does run some older extensions that FF57 won't. i've been using it for about a week and like it.

Never tried Waterfox so can't comment on that. However I use Pale Moon as my main browser which is also based on Firefox but much more configurable. It can also use all the Firefox extensions, plus it has its own repository of extensions that can be found on the web site. It is a excellent browser and to me, better than Firefox itself.

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 04:31:56 AM »

MohamedKhaled

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile

Yours,
Mohammed Khaled

WaterFox browser.....
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 10:53:33 PM »

stompy

• PayPal Supporter
  • New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section