General > On Topic

Autologin bug LightDM

(1/1)

bitsnpcs:
Thank You Valtam, it will be the cause of my issue as I remember the update and can see I selected the wrong option.
I will make a post in the thread.

Jerry:
bitsnpcs, this may be your issue here - https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/index.php?topic=632.0

bitsnpcs:
Hello Valtam,

I click menu>favorites>install updates and enter my password in the terminal it says 0 updates, and 0 for the other parameters.
Am I doing this incorrectly ?

What I experience when I click menu>log out>restart
is a purple screen saying Ubuntu 14.04 , shutting down services, on restart it displays a splash screen saying Ubuntu 14.04 starting LightDM, NetBios service [OK] after a time of the pips loading the screen then goes, white, then black, then white, then I get the LL login screen to enter my password as normal.

Jerry:
I've discovered a bug in lightdm after a fresh install of Linux Lite. The current script for enabling and disabling autologin uses the following path:

--- Code: ---/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
--- End code ---

to make the changes. It now seems the info is read from:

--- Code: ---/usr/share/lightdm/lightdm.conf.d/40-lightdm-webkit-greeter.conf
--- End code ---

I've updated the scripts accordingly. Please run Install Updates now to fix this.

CAUTION: If your enable/disable autologin is working, do not mess with this!!! I have found that changing this path on an existing installation breaks the login rendering you unable to get to your desktop. Just run Install Updates, that is all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version