General > On Topic

Ads on website

(1/1)

Jerry:
Well, revenue dropped dramatically and was unsustainable. I've made somewhat of a compromise by only returning to half of what was originally displayed (mostly right side of page now). :(

firenice03:

--- Quote from: Jerry on February 03, 2022, 01:12:21 PM ---Thanks to the generosity of a whole lot of people, I've removed a significant amount of ads on both the Forums and the main website. This includes the floating ads on each side that everyone hates and can affect navigation. I hope this will last :)

--- End quote ---
:045: :54: :043:

Jerry:
Thanks to the generosity of a whole lot of people, I've removed a significant amount of ads on both the Forums and the main website. This includes the floating ads on each side that everyone hates and can affect navigation. I hope this will last :)

Jerry:
Over the course of the next few weeks I'll be slowly adding some Google ads to various parts of the website, including the Forums. In terms of growth, I'd describe our current status as 'plateaued'

To get the hardware I need to test things like UEFI, to get us a dedicated web server, to add more services for people in the community, this is a natural addition to the project, no revenue - no growth. We've survived this long without it, but to get to the next level, we need to consider all possibilities.

Linux Lite will always be free.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version