You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

4.0 new installed size

Author (Read 2676 times)

Re: 4.0 new installed size
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 12:35:37 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
No problemo :)

Sent from my Mi Max using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 11:47:56 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

Thanks Jerry. Kinda what I expected. LL 4.0 has worked so well on the installations I have done for others I hadn't looked lately.

TC
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 11:29:32 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

About 4 - 5gb.

Sent from my Mi Max using Tapatalk

4.0 new installed size
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 10:24:42 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

I recently installed Electrum on LL 4.0 for a client who wanted a cold storage device to link to his alt-currency account. The installation and setup went smoothly with no errors, and the python files even updated afterwards smoothly using LL updates and nothing has broken yet when running LL updates normally, so it seems that Electrum can indeed run on LL now. I've used it for many years in Debian and it is my preferred wallet and what I usually recommend anyway. My question is (I couldn't find any info in the release notes): what is the average installed file system weight of a new LL OS on a modern Intel machine. With Electrum and its encryption elements the file sytem in LL is around 25gig. I never looked at the size of the LL file system before installing Electrum, and my own LL is in qemu. His system is on a 1T drive so it doesn't really matter but I would like to know for future reference.

TC

All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section