You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

You Tube flags, strikes, & bans

Author (Read 6771 times)

Re: You Tube flags, strikes, & bans
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 03:20:37 AM »

Jim The Tyreman

Many of the strikes have been removed. Britec included. Microsoft had employed an agency to scan for key codes and the 3rd party just went to town!!

I think Puppy had a strike following a tutorial regarding netflix? (Correct me if I'm wrong), so should be safe now Microsoft have backed off!

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2014, 11:02:31 PM »

LinuxNoob

More updates on the #microstopped fiasco.

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 11:25:20 PM »

Dookus

• Registered Linux User 533331
  • Forum Regular
  • I'm just this guy .... y'know?!
    • View Profile

• CPU: Many

• VIDEO CARD: Many
Have been hoping that this may be picked up by the wider media, M$ has admitted they were wrong, yet neither Youtube nor M$ are doing anything to change the situation.

in brief.

Microsoft hammered a wide swath of YouTube Tech Content creators and was able to get their content pulled in a heartbeat by claiming their content breached copy write laws, their content did nothing more than criticise (rightly so in my opinion) Windows 8 for being a poor offering, Microsoft has admitted their actions were wrong, but nothing is being done by either Google (owners of Youtube) or Microsoft to reverse this decision to wrongly use the law to sensor free speech.
I’m hoping since Youtube is owned by Google and the majority of searches are made using the Google Search Engine (Google manipulate search results, you will not find much of this information using Google) that people will post this information to help reverse this.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/story/is_microsoft_sending_out_copyright_strikes_against_youtube_users_bashing_windows_8_1.html
I'm just this guy ... Y'know!?
Registered Linux User 533331

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 06:46:20 PM »

DLX

• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Knows sod all
    • View Profile

• MEMORY: 16Gb
Not the only one Britec 09 also a bye youtube good channel.
Note to self list to get fixed 1 by 1
Read how to make LL secure.
See what else Linux Lite can do.
I think X kill is cool :)

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 04:08:13 PM »

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 M 330

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Integrated Graphics
 8) Thanks for the news Coastie. Until I saw the video you posted here I didn't fully appreciate the situation. I really hope those that were wrongly accused are able to get reinstated.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:44:29 AM by Scott(0) »

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 03:43:01 PM »

Coastie

• PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite User
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD A10-6700 (ASUS M32)

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ADM Radeon HD (integrated)
May have found answer on another forum. http://www.cupoflinux.com/SBB/index.php/topic,2201.msg13220.html#msg13220

Not interested in MS products and reviews anyway.

Left Mac OS X for Linux in Jan 2014

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 12:53:09 PM »

Wirezfree

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite "Advocate"
    • View Profile

• CPU: i7-4790S

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD4600 (Integrated)
I follow Puppy Linux World You Tube channel via RSS to watch his Linux Lite videos. Today he posted "Hi all with all the youtubers having their accounts terminated and I have had a strike myself I have decided to upload a daily WoW video until my account either gets terminated or my strike is lifted ..." in December.  :'( I had heard him mention this before but had not paid much attention to it. He said it was due to one of his Linux videos.

I did some searching on the internet. I think a flag is a strike. I read/watched that if you get three copywrite violation complaints (flag) was made by the copywrite owners you are banned from posting on You Tube for life. To prevent this after the first complaint, you can take a You Tube class then after 6 months have the flag or strike removed. Or you can get the copywrite owner to remove the flag if they wanted. I think I understood this information.

If I misunderstand, please enlighten me. If I understand correctly, how could you get a flag or strike over a Linux distro video review since it is open source?

Maybe some pedantic jobs-worth laywer when he mentions installing Linux on a certain type of a "XYZ" machine... !!!
Upgrades WIP 2.6 to 2.8 - (6 X 2.6 to 2.8 completed on: 20/02/16 All O.K )
Linux Lite 3.0 Humming on a ASRock N3070 Mobo ~ btrfs RAID 10 Install on 4 Disks :)

Computers Early days:
ZX Spectrum(1982) , HP-150 MS-DOS(1983) , Amstrad CPC464(1984) ,  BBC Micro B+64(1985) , My First PC HP-Vectra(1987)

You Tube flags, strikes, & bans
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 12:03:56 PM »

Coastie

• PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite User
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD A10-6700 (ASUS M32)

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ADM Radeon HD (integrated)
I follow Puppy Linux World You Tube channel via RSS to watch his Linux Lite videos. Today he posted "Hi all with all the youtubers having their accounts terminated and I have had a strike myself I have decided to upload a daily WoW video until my account either gets terminated or my strike is lifted ..." in December.  :'( I had heard him mention this before but had not paid much attention to it. He said it was due to one of his Linux videos.

I did some searching on the internet. I think a flag is a strike. I read/watched that if you get three copywrite violation complaints (flag) was made by the copywrite owners you are banned from posting on You Tube for life. To prevent this after the first complaint, you can take a You Tube class then after 6 months have the flag or strike removed. Or you can get the copywrite owner to remove the flag if they wanted. I think I understood this information.

If I misunderstand, please enlighten me. If I understand correctly, how could you get a flag or strike over a Linux distro video review since it is open source?

Left Mac OS X for Linux in Jan 2014

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section