You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Turn on laptop with Fingerprint Sensor on XPS 13 9360

Author (Read 4871 times)

Re: Turn on laptop with Fingerprint Sensor on XPS 13 9360
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 09:35:53 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Open up Menu>System>Install/Remove Software (synaptic) and type fprint in the search bar. Install the fprint packages. Not sure if power on will work or not on the Dell but login will. I believe you have to have pxe (network) boot enabled and configured for power up.

TC
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 09:40:16 AM by trinidad »
All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

Turn on laptop with Fingerprint Sensor on XPS 13 9360
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 04:03:55 AM »

John Timber

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Hi,

I recently got a Dell XPS 13 9360 with a fingerprint reader. It works great, but the laptop needs to be on to work. Under power management for the fingerprint sensor in device manager, I noticed a little check-box labeled "Allow this device to wake up the computer." The box is greyed out, and I can't click it. Is there a workaround or way to make this box clickable?

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://dell.to/2pNik2X
Motion graphics animation agency

Thanks!

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section