General > Off Topic

Thunderbird Mail 102.01?

(1/11) > >>

vint:
Thunderbird mail is still updating and running smooth without any problems thanks to Serban and Jerry.

Jerry:
Good to hear.

Sent from my Mobile phone using Tapatalk

Şerban S.:

--- Quote from: Jerry on October 08, 2022, 01:05:17 AM ---It looks as though Thunderbird has been released from the Ubuntu repositories. If someone else can confirm this please (not the Mozilla PPA).

--- End quote ---

Hi, Jerry! :)

I confirm the update.
I installed 102.3 manually, so there is nothing like PPA in my system.

This is how the sources look like:

The current working version of TB is 102.3.0. By the time I installed it, was 102.3.0.
I received 2 updates, they looked like being installed through the "Install Updates" script.
So, definitely, now it works, up to some point.

However: the "About..."  box, looks like that, in spite of the updated packages.

This leads me to the conclusion that there are two versions installed: The initial version, and the one I installed manually.

I performed a search on the entire system and it is exactly as I figured it out:

The version I installed (102.3.0), resides in /opt/thunderbird, while the initial installation resides in /usr/bin/thunderbird (it is a symlink), and has been updated to 102.2.2:

For now, I guess I will keep "upfront" the /opt/thunderbird version, since it looks it is updating faster.
Having enough disk space, I'll keep the other version too. This way, I can watch what happens with both of them.

Last thought, to ... @vint

Please, mark the thread as Solved

Best regards! :)

stevef:
Last thunderbird update I got was to version 1:102.2.2 on 5th October - (I don't have PPA for mozilla).

Jerry:
It looks as though Thunderbird has been released from the Ubuntu repositories. If someone else can confirm this please (not the Mozilla PPA).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version