General > Off Topic

Power outage during updates

(1/1)

vint:
Thanks for the info @stevef I will check it today, this morning the Chrome stable update downloaded without problems.

stevef:

--- Quote ---I was in the process of downloading the usual security and software updates on the updater and the power went off and on.
--- End quote ---

Is there a chance it could have completed ?

--- Quote ---How do I check if the updates completed or not?
--- End quote ---

The forum is blocking me if I post the single instruction, but you can see the log by entering these commands (or use the equivalent single command).

--- Code: ---cd /var
--- End code ---

--- Code: ---cd log
--- End code ---

--- Code: ---cd apt
--- End code ---

--- Code: ---cat history.log
--- End code ---

If there is an entry in this log with start and end date/times just before the power outage, the odds are that it completed ok.

The most recent update (for five.eight) was a Samba change, so your update should have included that.

Check your version with

--- Code: ---sudo smbstatus
--- End code ---

If it reports 4.15.13-Ubuntu, then at least that got done.

Depending on how often you update, other packages may have been affected by the outage.
You'd need to let us know when you last ran updates normally prior to the one that potentially got interrupted so we can look at other packages.

vint:
Howdy folks,
I was in the process of downloading the usual security and software updates on the updater and the power went off and on.  When I turned my machine back on I checked the updater and no updates were available?  So, I checked using the terminal and received the same using apt-get update and upgrade.  How do I check if the updates completed or not?

Best regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version