You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Microsoft paying Compensation for Windows 10 upgrade

Author (Read 2125 times)

Re: Microsoft paying Compensation for Windows 10 upgrade
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 11:13:14 PM »

N4RPS

• Donator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Knows JUST ENOUGH Linux to be DANGEROUS
    • View Profile
    • Orphans for Christ, Self Advocates of Mecklenburg

• CPU: Several Different 32-bit & 64-bit CPUs, 2-8 GB RAM

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Several Different AMD and Intel GPUs
Hello!

Windows 10. The official OS of the new world order.

I've been pretty doggone good at keeping their involuntary updating out of my Windoze boxes. The only installs of it I have are the ones I wanted. After backing up what I have now, I'll probably install it and back THAT up, so I'll have a free copy of it for each PC. Then I will restore what I had before.

If you wait a while between updates on Windoze machines, you pretty much have to use WSUS Offline Update to get up to a reasonable amount of new uninstalled updates, for Windows Update to be able to properly handle them...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

A gun in your hand is worth more than a whole police force on the phone.

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 11:33:15 AM »

Ottawagrant

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Duo Core 2 E8400 @ 3.00GHz

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Mesa DRI Intel Q45/Q43
Let's see? 11 months. . . tons of consumer complaints. . . a lost lawsuit. So what has Microsoft done? Why they've made the upgrade procedure less confusing. Yes, try not to be shocked, you can now DECLINE the offer in the Windows 10 upgrade prompt. Here's another shocker. Microsoft (quietly) released a fix for the perpetual slow Windows Update in 7. You know the one, Hit 'check for updates', & then you wait. . .and wait. . . and wait. As well, the official release date for the Windows 10 Anniversary update is August 2nd. I can assure you that the folks who are sticking with Windows 7, 8, & 8.1 are happy it's over. What a loooong year. Here is also the latest stats:
Windows 7   - 48.57%  of computer users
Windows 10 - 17.43%
Windows XP - 10.09%
Windows 2000 - 0.02% (Windows 3.1? 0.10%)
http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-changing-confusing-windows-10-upgrade-prompt-criticism

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 10:03:22 AM »

tomt

• PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
    • View Profile

I detest Microsoft. Got rid of them years ago. I found everything I needed to do on Microsoft I could do on a Linux Distro. I bought a new HP desktop and the first thing I did when I got home was remove Windows 10. When I had Microsoft I spent half my life trying to straighten out problems for  apps that did not work or updates that were corrupt or maleware that had to be removed. Linux is the best. 

Microsoft paying Compensation for Windows 10 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 06:20:57 AM »

Jocklad

• Banned
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

now that could be opening the floodgate..... ::) ::) ::)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36640464
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 07:00:03 AM by Jocklad »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section