You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Linux Lite logo

Author (Read 4373 times)

Re: Linux Lite logo
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 03:37:26 AM »

MS

• I come here a lot
    • View Profile

• Kernel: 4.x
The emblematic colours of Linux Lite, are those of soot and fire.

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 01:23:34 AM »

MS

• I come here a lot
    • View Profile

I am certain that Firebird, as associated with the primordial element of fire, could be linked up with the old Persian cult of perpetual flame and the Zoroastrian religion. Furthermore, albeit more loosely, the ancient Greek philosopher, Heraclitus, was known for his metaphors, attempting to grasp the dynamics of creation, put as workings of fire or energy comparable to fire. Heraclitus was known as the "dark" or "dim" philosopher, which is to be understood that his teachings were prone to various interpretations and not explicit in their meaning, therefore hard to understand for casual recipients. Apart from that, Frederick Nietzsche, the author of "Thus Has Spoken Zarathustra", in his works, comes forward with the notion of eternal recurrence, the infinite loop the existence is trapped within - which, to my evaluation, would actually destine the universe to collapse, as soon as the loop ties up - nonetheless, such an idea could also definitely be associated with the cycles of death and rebirth, characteristic to the Firebird. Returning to the Heraclitus, he expressed the belief that the world rises and dwindles in the pattern of consecutive cycles, which puts his cosmology under the umbrella of cyclic models. Cyclic models, for nowadays, are oft dismissed, nonetheless, in science and exploration, no word is ever final.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 11:42:01 AM »

MS

• I come here a lot
    • View Profile

I wonder if turning the colour of LinuxLite logo to that of the silver or a shade of silver, would make for some interesting nuance. Why the nuance? Silver is associated with the Moon, the femininity. Gold is associated with the Sun, the masculinity. In the end, LinuxLite, is Linux, while this brings some other implications, as discussed somewhere else on this forum. Besides, it would probably look better on the back of the lid of a laptop, the silver logo - even though we are getting like lifetimes ahead of us here, probably - maintaining the consistency with core symbol pattern, rather than switching colours, depending on the form of advertisement, which could arise confusion. We should stick to one colour of the logo. But I like the red one as well. Red, is sharp, it catches the eye if put on grey background. Good for the web.

On the other hand, I guess it is more about the notion of a feather with certain patterns of shape, with the colour, being of secondary importance. Some forms of display may prohibit the proper depiction of a colour.

EDIT:

Returning to the myth of the Firebird, it is known that the creature builds own funeral pyre and becomes engulfed in flames as it dies, burning to ashes. The proper release symbol of each LinuxLite iteration, is a form of jewel. We know that the feather of the Firebird, is a precious relic in fantasy realm. What about the notion of hunting the death spot of the Firebird, to claim the possible remains that were born out of the tears that the creature had shed as it gave last breath, which the tears would then have turned into precious stones?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 12:15:40 PM by MS »

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 11:14:01 AM »

firenice03

• Rockin' the FREE World
  • Global Moderator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD E2//Atom X5//AMD Phenom II X2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: AMD Mullin Radeon R2//Intel//AMD/ATI RS880

• Kernel: 5.x
Secondary symbol of the Linux Lite, is a diamond, as suggested by other popular distro wallpaper. Diamond, particularly in the plural - there is another story for that.
Diamond is this releases codename...
1.x Amethyst -- 2.x Beryl -- 3.x Citrine -- 4.x Diamond -- 5.x Gonna say something with an E, maybe Emerald, Euclase or Eudialyte

Linux Lite codenamed after precious Gems - The first release is codenamed Amethyst. Each major release (see above) will be named after a precious gem in alphabetical order, the first being Amethyst. The next major release will be codenamed Beryl.
 :)
https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/release-announcements/linux-lite-1-0-0-final-released/msg4/#msg4

Should anyone be curious....
LL4.8 UEFI 64 bit ASUS E402W - AMD E2 (Quad) 1.5Ghz  - 4GB - AMD Mullins Radeon R2
LL5.8 UEFI 64 bit Test UEFI Kangaroo (Mobile Desktop) - Atom X5-Z8500 1.44Ghz - 2GB - Intel HD Graphics
LL4.8 64 bit HP 6005- AMD Phenom II X2 - 8GB - AMD/ATI RS880 (HD4200)
LL3.8 32 bit Dell Inspiron Mini - Atom N270 1.6Ghz - 1GB - Intel Mobile 945GSE Express  -- Shelved
BACK LL5.8 64 bit Dell Optiplex 160 (Thin) - Atom 230 1.6Ghz - 4GB-SiS 771/671 PCIE VGA - Print Server
Running Linux Lite since LL2.2

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 04:13:21 AM »

MS

• I come here a lot
    • View Profile

Secondary symbol of the Linux Lite, is a diamond, as suggested by other popular distro wallpaper. Diamond, particularly in the plural - there is another story for that.

Linux Lite logo
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 03:48:28 AM »

MS

• I come here a lot
    • View Profile

The logo of Linux Lite apparently is a feather, signifying being lightweight, also birdlike free as with the notion of freedom. But this feather could also be associated with a certain popular myth, that of the Phoenix or the Firebird. It is claimed that a man who has managed to gain possession over a piece of feather of the said mythological creature, was granted particular luck in future endeavors.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 03:51:00 AM by MS »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section