You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Danged if You Do, Danged if You Don't

Author (Read 9263 times)

Re: Danged if You Do, Danged if You Don't
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2023, 04:56:39 AM »

bluzeo

• Linux Magazine writer
  • PayPal Supporter
  • Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Amd 8 core

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: GT 210
Linux lite is not just for newbies.
I been off and on with Linux since 2012
My first distro was Linux like 2.8.  or my be 3.6. I can't remember.   While I agree chrome is shady it is not as evil as Mozilla. . .yes you heard me right.  I would rather use chrome then firefox. But I digress. Right now I am putting lite latest  on this hp omen . I am a production company owner and this also my work rig.  So that saying a lot of jerry and the team.
While I agree the ppa were crazy. It better the flatpac and snaps.   Now I will be filling your blog and here a lot. I got my own. Indie Linux magazine in the works.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

hey guys im Bluzeo and Linux Lite user that got his own open source company!

Re: Danged if You Do, Danged if You Don't
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 08:12:04 AM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Refreshing honesty. The world needs more of that.

Sent from my Mobile phone using Tapatalk

Danged if You Do, Danged if You Don't
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 07:36:46 AM »

Artim

• Always Learning
  • PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Lieutenant Commander, Confederate Space Force
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Technophobe

• CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller

• Kernel: 5.x
The latest from my blog, on Linux Lite:

Maybe I’m finally getting a sense of what it’s like for Linux developers, putting up with criticism from people like me who really have no clue about what goes into developing an operating system or software.

"This distro has too many PPAs!" I complained both here in my blog and the distro’s forum.

The next release, the distro had moved stuff into it’s own repository and had no PPAs. Very cool! They listened!

Now the latest version of the distro offers Google Chrome as it’s default browser. My reaction: “WHAT!? Google is EVIL! Forget this, I’m outta here!” But Linux Lite is for novice users, most either coming from Windows or altogether new to computing. Chrome is probably a good choice for them, I guess, but - it’s effing EVIL. So the developer offers a way to get Firefox instead, but it installs snapd and comes as a snap package! My reaction: "Nooooo, snapd is EVIL! You should offer a PPA instead!"

Danged if he does, danged if he doesn’t. See what I mean?

I hate it when my hypocrisy shows up so obviously for the whole world to see. Criticism of a free OS coming from a clueless technophobe. So I apologized publicly on the forum, and now here on the blog.

I know I’m not unique or alone in such bad behavior, but maybe my bad example can be helpful to some others who, like me, have been quick to criticize when they really don’t know the work they’re finding fault with. Let’s give developers a break, and make your findings - good and bad - known privately and politely as a tester if you want to help make it better.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section